Time: 8:00 AM
Place: The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, 10065 100 St NW, Empire Ballroom
The 38th Annual ACE Awards Judges’ breakfast is fast approaching and with some of the world’s best and brilliant creative minds set to join us again this year, you don’t want to be the one to miss out.
Not only will you enjoy hearing from these 5 talented judges on our ever changing industry and how they take the time to reward themselves, just as we recommending you do this year with our Awards theme, but you’ll also enjoy a delicious breakfast at The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald.
- Max Sawka: 9 years ago Max finagled an internship at a smallish digital + design shop called OneMethod and since has quite simply refused to leave. A writer by trade, he has taken the role of ACD where he steals ideas from collaborates with an ever-changing collection of super creative people working across all the disciplines, channels, and what-have- yous. Max is best known for helping create the La Carnita campaign/restaurant chain and currently spends his time working on brands like Kit Kat and ONEMETH Goods (OneMethod’s streetwear label).
- Jeff Vermeersch: Jeff was born and raised in the small Northern Ontario town of Webbwood. He moved to Toronto to take a computer course and ended up working in advertising. He spent the first eight years of his advertising career as a developer where he received many awards including FWAs and the FITC Best Canadian Developer. When his developer skills become obsolete he transitioned his career into a creative role. He spent the next eight years at various Toronto agencies where he receieved Marketing Awards, Lions and Webbys. Jeff recently moved to Boston to take the role of VP, Creative Director at MullenLowe.
- Jess Willis: Jess Willis is a 15-year veteran of the advertising business. Her career is as varied as her shoe collection, having been immersed in all things digital, design, as well as more traditional mediums at some of Canada’s best agencies, including Ogilvy, JWT and TAXI. Her work has been recognized at Cannes, ADC, One Show, Cassies, ADCC, Marketing, Coupe and Applied Arts, and she’s been featured in Lüzers Archive, Fast Company, Wired and Devour. A true channel agnostic thinker, and now Group Creative Director at Mosaic, Jess is applying her talent for idea-led creative in order to redefine what experiential marketing can be.
- Lisa Nakamura: As Creative Director of Design at Cossette, Lisa oversees branding and communications for clients including Sephora, Chatters and Dairyland. She leads a wide range of branding projects by building and facilitating smart systems, unique concepts and brand-appropriate solutions. Prior to joining Cossette, Lisa was the Creative Director of Design at Rethink where she led projects with A&W, Sobeys, Molson Canadian and Coast Capital Savings. With almost 15 years in the design and advertising business, her work has been recognized in numerous national and international shows including The One Show, London International Awards, Communication Arts, Applied Arts and Graphis.
- Mooren Bofill:Mo is the Design Director at john st., where she oversees work across brands throughout the agency including President’s Choice, Shoppers Drug Mart and Tangerine . Previously, she was Design Director at Zulu Alpha Kilo where she helped launch and build integrated platforms for Corona, Interac, Bell and Coca-Cola. Mo is a multidisciplinary creative and has been recognized for her work in design, digital and advertising by the ADCCs, Creativity International Awards, Canadian Marketing Awards, Communication Arts, Coupe Magazine, Archive and Applied Arts to name a few. Her other obsessions outside of design are travelling and typography. You can find her obsession with typography on her daily blog.