Posted/Last Revised: 13th Sep, 2018
- Berlin Communications
- Educational Req.
Post secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations or another related field. Experience working in an agency is an asset but not a requirement.
- Contact Name
- Amy McBain
- Contact Phone
- (780) 288-9504
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Oct. 3, 2018
Berlin Communications is an Edmonton-based agency in the business of positioning our clients to win on issues of public interest. We are looking for a full time Account Coordinator to join our team.
This is a junior position on our account team. If selected, you’ll be expected to work with a roster of clients, often in support of more senior account people or a partner. To do this job you must have a basic understanding of marketing and communications and project management. You’ll be responsible for advising clients and liaising with the creative team, and making sure all the pieces are in place for our projects to stay on time and on budget.
In this posting, we’ve outlined the skills and qualifications that we find best prepare people for this kind of role. Most of all, though, we want someone who is a skilled writer, someone with strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality and exceeding expectations – If you lack any of the specific qualifications we list in the posting, but think that you have the right qualities, please feel free to make a case for yourself. Some of our strongest account people have come from sociology, biochemistry or design programs – but they embody our values, write strongly and are fully committed to our clients and projects.
We have four core values that define who we are as a company:
- Humanity – We acknowledge and respect the humanity in ourselves and others.
- Curiosity – We are curious about the world around us and the culture we live in.
- Intention – We don’t do things by accident.
- Grit – We find a way to make it happen.
Purpose of the role:
- Ensuring that projects are executed efficiently and effectively
- Support in research and insight generation
- Learning and growing into more senior account roles
- Ensuring that clients are served in a manner that leads to a high net promoter score
- Project planning (with account manager)
- Day-to-day client service and correspondence
- Liaising with creative team
- Setting up projects in our project management software
- Identifying issues and possible solutions – bringing those issues and solutions to manager and/or partners.
- Project budget tracking and forecasting
- Prepare and send weekly reports to each of your clients every Monday
- Confidence and comfort dealing with clients
- Attention to details
- A “desire to please” – not acting as a “yes” person, but seeking out ways to build clients’ trust in Berlin by being attuned to what matters to them.
- Alignment with our core values
Qualifications and Experience:
- Very strong writing skills
- Basic understanding of project management and planning
- Competence with office software – Excel, Word, PPT etc.
- 0-3 years of relevant industry experience
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Amy McBain with “Account Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Contact Name: Amy McBain
Contact Email: amcbain@BRLN.ca
Thanks for your interest – we can’t wait to meet the next Berliner.