Posted/Last Revised: 4th Apr, 2017
- Berlin Communications
- Mercer Warehouse
- Contact Name
- Amy McBain
- Contact Phone
- (780) 288-9504
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 28, 2017
Berlin Communications is a communications consulting firm based in Edmonton, Alberta. We work in the historic Mercer Warehouse in the heart of downtown Edmonton. We’re about five years old (as a company, not in terms of our mental faculties) and we are a busy agency serving clients in the public, private and non-profit sectors in communication planning and strategy, public relations, design and advertising.
We were recently told by one of our amazing Account Managers that she plans to leave and move to Toronto to seek her fortune. We are going to miss her terribly and we wish her all the best but life comes at you fast and we are still going to be here in Edmonton so we really need another Account Manager.
We need a smart and motivated client-facing Account Manager with a good understanding of the government, media and public affairs in Alberta. We would prefer if not insist that the successful applicant would have either prior agency experience or at minimum prior experience in a professional communications/advertising/public relations role. We are looking for someone who has a post-secondary background and between two and five years of professional experience.
Our Core Purpose as a firm is to create space for brilliant ideas. But – ask us about that – because we don’t just mean the standard agency “big idea” worship.
Our Core Values are:
Human: Our work is done with, for, and about people. We are all human beings with human emotions, feelings, thoughts and idiosyncrasies. We respect the humanity in our co-workers, our clients, and the audiences that we aim to connect with in our work.
Curiosity: We are curious about the world around us and the culture we live in. We are interested in all kinds of things, and we want to understand what makes people tick.
Intentional: We are intentional about the work that we do, the effort we put into things, and the outcomes we pursue. We don’t do things by accident.
Grit: We are gritty. We find a way to make things happen and get things done. We don’t make excuses.
If this sounds like a culture you’d thrive in, maybe we’d be good for each other. If you think that you share those values – but might be a bit light on some other of our criteria, reach out anyway. It’s hard to find a fit, and the right person can learn.
This person reports to: Account Team Lead
Who reports to this person: Account Coordinators, PR interns, Account interns
Purpose of the role:
- Ensuring that there are no surprises for clients
- Development and refinement of project management approaches
- Ensuring that clients are served in a manner that lead to strong relationships and trust
- Mentoring and supporting junior account staff
- Project scoping and planning
- Proposal writing
- Leading meetings
- Key account management
- Setting up projects (harvest, dropbox…)
- Identifying issues and possible solutions – bringing those issues and solutions to partners.
- Project budget tracking and forecasting
- Project progress tracking
- Confidence and comfort dealing with clients
- Attention to detail – setting that example for other account team members on projects
- A “desire to please” – not acting as a “yes” person, but seeking out ways to build clients’ trust in Berlin by being attuned to what matters to them.
- Serious “give-a-shit”. Finding a way.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally, 5+ years in progressively responsible project management roles
- Experience serving internal or external clients
- Basic software ability – Excel, word, PPT etc. (these are important tools)
Thanks very much for your interest.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Amy McBain, Account Team Lead, amcbain@BRLN.ca.