Posted/Last Revised: 24th Oct, 2017
- Berlin Communications
- Educational Req.
Post-secondary education plus five years of professional experience.
- Contact Name
- Amy McBain
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Nov. 14, 2017
Berlin Communications is an Edmonton-based agency in the business of positioning our clients to win on issues of public interest. We are looking for a full time Account Manager to join our growing team.
This is a mid-level position on our account team. If selected, you’ll be expected to manage a roster of clients. Typically, 4 or 5 at a time. To do this job you must have an understanding of marketing and communications and project management. You’ll be responsible for advising clients and liaising with the creative team, and making sure all the pieces are in place for the project to stay on time and on budget.
We have four core values that define who we are as a company:
- Humanity – We acknowledge and respect the humanity in ourselves and others.
- Curiosity – We are curious about the world around us and the culture we live in.
- Intention – We don’t do things by accident.
- Grit – We find a way to make it happen.
Who would you report to?
Account Team Lead
Purpose of the role:
- Ensuring that there are no surprises for clients
- Ensuring that clients have our best advice and best work
- Ensuring that clients are served in a manner that leads to a high net promoter score
- Mentoring and supporting junior account staff
- Moving work through the shop
- Providing clients with sound communications advice
- Managing the projects that you’re responsible for
- Project scoping and planning
- Proposal writing
- Key account management
- Identifying issues and potential solutions
- Project budget tracking and forecasting
- Liaising with the creative team
- Confidence and comfort dealing with clients
- Attention to detail
- A “desire to please” – not acting as a “yes” person, but seeking out ways to build clients’ trust in Berlin by being attuned to what matters to them
- Finding a way to get it done
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years in progressively responsible communications or project management roles
- Experience serving internal or external clients
- Experience working for or with government is an asset
- A post-secondary degree