Assistant Editor and Animator
Posted/Last Revised: 22nd Feb, 2018
- Cineflair Productions
- Educational Req.
- Post-secondary education ideally in film, digital media, photography, marketing, or an equivalent field
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Applications including Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator and Photoshop (who can also research, learn and adapt)
- Knowledge of Maya or Cinema 4D is considered an asset
- 1-2 years of previous experience in video/film production, specifically in post-production
- Contact Name
- Pablo Herrera
- Contact Phone
- (780) 652-2656
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 1, 2018
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Assistant Editor and Animator, you’ll have an important role in the execution of video projects, specifically on the post-production end of things. You are passionate, driven, and seek to create exceptional work, chase unique challenges, and pursue continuous learning opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have experience and/or education in film/video production. This role is based out of our downtown office in Edmonton, Alberta. In this role, reporting to the Post-Production Lead.
In collaboration and with direct guidance from our Post-Production Lead, you will:
- Edit Video — You’ll edit rough cuts, make revisions to rough cuts and assist the post-production lead in producing final cuts
- Create & Animate Motion Graphics— you’ll use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects to create, conceptualize and animate motion graphics
- Mix Sound — you’ll use Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition to edit, clean, normalize and refine sound for video
- Correct/Grade Colour— you’ll do primary and secondary colour correction and grading using Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve
- Manage Media Assets — you’ll manage and organize our media assets. You’ll meticulously ingest and transcode new projects, as well as archive completed projects.
- Media Management and System Integrity – You will also develop and maintain a system for meta tagging all footage in our archival system to allow for ease of search-ability
Secondary: On-set Assistance
A secondary part of your role will include assisting in a variety of roles on set such as:
- Production Assistant — you’ll help out on set in a variety of roles
- Camera Assistant — you’ll sometimes find yourself helping set up camera rigs and stabilization tools
- Gaffer / Lighting Assistant — you might also assist the Director of Photography in designing and setting up lights
BENEFITS AND PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM:
- Be a part of a growing company and make your impact a part of our success. We are serious about bringing in a growth-addicted, go-getter who shares our passion, vision, and commitment
- We share a workspace with Calder Bateman, one of Alberta’s top PR/marketing agencies that hosts some of Edmonton’s leading communication experts. That means we are part of a really cool office and have lots of amazing people around, but also, a whole lot of facilities, lunch buddies, and fun socials!
- We are proud to invest in our people—we want you to get better and better at what you do and grow with us
- You will have access to health benefits (as you should!)
- We are fortunate to have great clients who love what we do (and we never take this for granted so we work hard to keep it this way)