Brand Advisor (PIO II)
Posted/Last Revised: 13th Feb, 2018
- City of Edmonton
- $43.384 - $54.669 (Hourly)
- Educational Req.
- University degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field supplemented by a minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in a brand, brand marketing, event marketing, B2C or B2B marketing position, including experience in developing and/or implementing brand and marketing strategies
- Diploma in marketing, communications, public relations or related field supplemented by a minimum 4 years of progressively responsible experience in brand, brand marketing, event marketing, B2C or B2B marketing position, including experience in developing and/or implementing brand and marketing strategies
- Solid experience in developing, implementing and evaluating brand marketing campaigns, event marketing and/or corporate marketing programs
- Demonstrated experience in drawing insight from marketing research (qualitative and quantitative) to identify gaps and capture opportunities
- Experience in brand marketing, brand journalism, reputation management, experiential marketing, event marketing, content marketing and digital marketing
- Strong consulting and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to present new ideas effectively to teams and leadership
- Ability to self motivate and work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Team experience working in a large, complex and business environment
- Flexible to working outside of office hours, including weekends when needed
- Accreditation in Canadian Marketing Association (CMA), International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) an asset
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
1 temporary full-time position up to 11 months
- Contact Name
- Janice Parcon
- Contact Phone
- (780) 496-5974
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Feb. 22, 2018
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity where you can be a key player in shaping the City of Edmonton brand and advancing Edmonton’s global reputation? Are you passionate about delivering innovative, engaging and memorable brand marketing campaigns? Do you want to be part of a high-performance team committed to excellence, innovation and fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for a multi-talented brand marketing professional to join the Brand Unit in Communications and Engagement. Working as part of a team, this position supports the City of Edmonton’s long term strategies for strengthening the City of Edmonton brand and advancing Edmonton’s reputation. As a valued member of the Brand Unit and Communications and Engagement, you will have the opportunity to work with peers and business partners across the Corporation to bring the corporate brand to life.
In this role you will:
Support the formation of the corporate brand development framework, strategies
Support and collaborate on advancing Edmonton’s reputation
Recommend, support and lead research and/or environmental studies on the corporate brand
Draw insight from research and recommend benchmarks, success metrics and opportunities for improving brand awareness, perception and adoption
Develop, implement and evaluate the success of tactical brand marketing plans, and align brand marketing efforts with corporate outcomes and City Council’s vision
Support establishing a brand advisory/implementation committee and recommend accountability structure and terms of reference
Manage project timelines and budgets by working with multiple stakeholders, identify issues and recommend actions for improvement
Manage the day-to-day brand support work
Enhance partner relationships, and contribute to building an integrated culture of excellence