Chief Marketing Officer
Posted/Last Revised: 12th Jun, 2017
- Sherwood Park
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Aug. 2, 2017
Welcome to Mindable
Who are we and what do we do?
We are a team of unique individuals who do the un-doable everyday. Though innovation, outside the box thinking and painstaking testing we continually redefine what is possible. We are, first and foremost, a team and collectively we have worked to take a tech start-up out of the basement and onto Deloitte’s top 50 fastest growing tech Companies in Canada (ranked #14 in 2015). We are looking for someone who will add their uniqueness to our own, and make us stronger because of it.
We focus heavily on content and products in the self discovery and personal transformation space, with over 20 product lines serving in excess of 142 countries. This means we work hard in a very dynamic and fast paced environment. We’ve got over 50 employees worldwide, and a team of 13 in-house. We empower our team to come up with new ideas, to test, and to analyze them. This freedom that has created much of our success.
We want you to learn, grow, and challenge yourself. Continual learning means participation in the monthly book club, attending conferences, and working with industry leading consultants.
We work hard, and we play hard. Staff events such as parties, retreats, team building exercises are all a part of who we are, and what sets us apart from a standard 9-5.
At Mindable, we’re different, and not just on paper.
About the Position
This is a demanding position, one that requires the ability not only to be creative and innovate, but to manage a project from start to finish with an eye on every detail. You will be working closely with a team of marketers, programmers, developers, and analysts to not only optimize our existing process, but to find and create new opportunities and funnels. The Chief Marketing Officer will be an integral part of the team.
What this means is that you must have the ability to fully scope out a project, manage the creation, and execute on it within a very fast paced and dynamic environment. It means that if you can dream it, and plan it, we will test it. You have the freedom to be part of something bigger.
Other info you need to know:
- Position is full time, available to start immediately
- Flex Hours are 8 am to 4 pm or 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
- Creative sanctuary / office is located in Sherwood Park
- Health Benefits, included after probation period
- Monthly book club for the entire in-house team
- Personal development funding is available, with travel being an option
We are looking for someone with a proven history of operating in an agile digital marketing environment.
- Brainstorm: Come up with new ideas, and ways to test out existing funnels
- Planning: We like innovation and new ideas, however you must be able to full scope them out and take the project to completion in an agile environment
- Execute: build it with Designers, Programmers, and our Content team
- Analyze: dive deep into the numbers to know exactly how your test performed across demographics, geographic locations, and revenue
- Optimize: You need to be able to take the numbers and learnings from your test and translate them into actionable next steps
- Teamwork: there are a lot of moving parts across the entire company, and you must be able to work cohesively with multiple teams simultaneously
- Project Management and Organization: You will have multiple projects ongoing and each needs to be effectively and efficiently managed
- Understanding of Sales Funnels
- Experience in or have studied Direct Response Marketing
- Experience with Landing Pages
- Facebook and Google Advertising
- Experience with A/B split testing
- Page to page conversions statistics
- LTV model
- Have worked and coordinated directly with Programmers and Designers
- Coordinating with Copywriters on the creation of content
- Reviewing and writing sales copy
- Can think creatively, strategically, and logically
- Knowledge of HTML, Adobe, and CSS
- SCRUM methodology
- Completion of related 4 year degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing or Commerce from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 2+ years online digital marketing experience
If you think this is the right position for you, and want to be a part of Mindable’s amazing team, send us your cover letter and resume. Tell us about yourself, and why we need you on our team. Help us get to know you, and give us an idea of how you will fit in with the team. We know that it’s hard to fully understand a company from a posting, just as it’s hard to fully explain who you are in a letter, but give it your best shot.