Posted/Last Revised: 28th Oct, 2018
- Edmonton Public Schools
- Contact Name
- Human Resources
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-8000
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Nov. 8, 2018
Edmonton Public Schools is looking for an internal communications generalist to join the Communications department.
- At your core, you’re a great communicator. Not only are you an excellent writer and champion of plain language, but your user-focused approach to communication has impact, resonates with audiences and supports business goals.
- You know how important it is to be a bridge-builder and cultivate great relationships with colleagues and clients.
- You keep an eye to the future and are enthusiastic about using best practices and technology to better engage and communicate with audiences.
- You’re no stranger to content strategy and understand how people interact with content online.
- You’re familiar with web analytics and content management systems.
- You’re an organized problem-solver and creative thinker who likes a challenge.
- A great day for you might include evaluating and improving intranet content, editing an internal publication and providing communication advice that supports an internal change.
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- a diploma or degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
- membership in the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) or Advertising Club of Edmonton (ACE) is considered an asset
- a minimum of five years related experience
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Communications Consultant, you will:
- provide advice on effective communication strategy, tools, tactics, approaches and best practices
- oversee communication projects from start to finish, and evaluate their effectiveness
- work within a team to manage the District’s intranet
- write and edit a wide variety of communication materials including online content and internal and external publications
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- competitive salary ($2,731.40 – $3,488.80 bi-weekly)
- a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
- pension plan eligibility
- Health Spending/Health Wellness Account
- professional development opportunities
ABOUT EDMONTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Edmonton Public Schools is the second largest school district in Alberta, with over 7,500 staff focused on meeting the diverse needs of approximately 100,000 students across 213 schools and education sites. Our Vision is to transform the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow. We inspire student success through high-quality learning opportunities, supported by meaningfully engaged students, parents, staff and community. The District’s cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity support us in achieving our Vision and Mission.
ABOUT THE COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT:
The Communications department provides a range of services, including media relations, corporate communications, online strategy, graphic design and event planning. Working with us is never boring – we manage projects and issues that are challenging, exciting and always evolving. We’re proud of the fact that we help support staff and students in our 213 schools, the administration and our Board of Trustees. But we’re most excited to know that our work is strengthening public education and serving students, families and communities throughout Edmonton.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) quoting competition number 256891 by November 8, 2018, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit records check documents.
Edmonton Public Schools is committed to excellence and hires based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.