Posted/Last Revised: 18th Nov, 2018
- Edmonton Public Schools
- $2,731.40 - $3,488.80 bi-weekly
- Educational Req.
- You have a diploma or degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- You have a minimum of six years related experience.
- We’d consider it an asset if you were a member of the Advertising Club of Edmonton (ACE), International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS).
- Contact Name
- Human Resources
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-8000
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 7, 2018
Edmonton Public Schools is looking for a Communications Consultant to support an exciting brand review project. Working as part of a team, this temporary, full-time position will help to shape the Edmonton Public Schools brand and strengthen our reputation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Communications Consultant will:
- champion the brand review internally, introducing the project to various stakeholders, identifying opportunities for collaboration and reporting on its progress
- work with an external vendor to coordinate an engagement plan to better understand stakeholders’ perceptions of the District
- support an audit of our current brand to identify strengths and weaknesses
- manage a budget and timeline to wrap Phase 1 of the brand review (including brand audit and stakeholder engagement) by August 31, 2019
- collaborate with Communications teammates to develop a communications framework, identifying ways to align brand, marketing and communications efforts with business priorities and advance the District’s reputation
- support other ongoing communications projects by writing and editing materials for a variety of audiences and purposes (web and social media content, backgrounders, briefing notes, marketing material, project reports and more)
- You’re comfortable managing large-scale, complex communications projects from start to finish and evaluating their effectiveness.
- You know that a brand is more than a logo. You’re passionate about building a unified and compelling expression of our brand to help us demonstrate the value we provide to students, their families and the greater Edmonton community.
- You have experience drawing insight from research to develop strategies and campaigns that will lead to heightened and sustained brand awareness.
- At your core, you’re a great communicator. You can write an insightful, comprehensive creative brief or communications plan. You’re confident and inspiring when sharing new ideas, whether your audience includes your teammates, the leadership team or elected officials.
- You’re a self-motivated, organized problem-solver who can think on their feet.
- You know how important it is to cultivate collaborative working relationships, and you’re comfortable navigating an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- You believe in the value of public education and are eager to contribute to work that supports students, families and communities.
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Edmonton Public Schools offers:
- a competitive salary ($2,731.40 – $3,488.80 bi-weekly)
- a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
- pension plan eligibility
- Health Spending/Health Wellness Account
- professional development opportunities
Note: This position is term definite to August 30, 2019
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) quoting competition #257147 by December 7, 2018, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit records check documents.
ABOUT THE COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
Creative, strategic, supportive: that’s our team. The content we create is the bridge between District initiatives, the public and our 10,000 employees. Communications provides a range of services, including media relations, corporate communications, online strategy, graphic design. Working with us is never boring – we manage projects and issues that are challenging, exciting and always evolving. We’re proud of the fact that we help support our schools, the administration and our Board of Trustees. But we are most excited to know that our work is strengthening public education and serving students, families and communities throughout Edmonton.
ABOUT EDMONTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Edmonton Public Schools is the second largest school district in Alberta, with over 10,000 staff focused on meeting the diverse needs of approximately 100,000 students across 213 schools and education sites. Our Vision is to transform the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow. We inspire student success through high-quality learning opportunities, supported by meaningfully engaged students, parents, staff and community. The District’s cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity support us in achieving our Vision and Mission.