Communications Specialist (Full-time)
Posted/Last Revised: 5th Jun, 2017
- Contact Name
- Gary Meldrum
- Contact Phone
- (780) 465-0682
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 20, 2017
Founded 21 years ago, g[squared] is an Edmonton-based marketing company that provides strategic, creative solutions to our clients’ communication challenges. We’re currently looking to add a Communications Specialist to our busy Communications Team.
As a key member of the Communications Team, the role of Communications Specialist involves the following:
- Supporting the Strategic Communications Manager to develop and implement marketing and communications strategies for a broad portfolio of corporate and non-profit clients
- Writing detailed strategic plans (e.g. stakeholder communications, digital marketing, community engagement) with input from relevant department heads
- Writing and editing original, persuasive and succinct copy for a wide variety of marketing and communications assets, including brochures, case
- studies, publications, direct mail/email campaigns and websites
- Working closely with communications team members, creative directors and other departments to generate workable concepts and ideas
- Taking direction from account managers to complete projects as per our clients’ specifications
- Revising and redeveloping work in response to feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Proofreading and providing copyediting feedback to fellow writers and other departments as needed
- Tailoring copy to suit a variety of clients from a range of different industries
- Working on several projects at once, usually to tight deadlines
- You’re a strategic thinker who has led or supported the development and implementing of results-driven communications strategies.
- You’re a talented writer with a high level of creativity and strong storytelling skills.
- You demonstrate outstanding attention to detail.
- You have strong proofreading abilities and superb understanding of grammar rules
- You’re adept at creating clear, impactful messages that will resonate with your target audience.
- You have experience writing for both offline and online audiences using traditional print mediums as well as web and social media platforms.
- You’re timely and dependable, and able to balance multiple projects and priorities within tight deadlines.
- You’re courteous yet assertive, and are just as comfortable working on your own as part of a team.
- You have good initiative and a proactive approach — you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You’re a quick learner who is able to adapt your writing style and tone of voice to suit a range of different stakeholder needs.
- You have a degree or related diploma, plus 3-5 years of related experience.
If you think you might be “The One”, please send your resume and cover letter, along with two samples of your work, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you.