Posted/Last Revised: 9th Jan, 2018
- Students' Association of MacEwan University
- $40,000 – $55,000 per annum
- Educational Req.
- Degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field and
- 1 – 3 years of related experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience using social media management platforms such as Buffer and Hootsuite
- Understanding of CMS programs such as WordPress
- Familiar with CP Style
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to process large volumes and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Ability to process and implement constructive feedback.
- Contact Name
- Iwinet Stewart
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jan. 22, 2018
Job Category | Full-Time
Salary | $40,000 – $55,000 per annum
Location of Work | City Centre Campus (CCC)
Posting expires on January 22 at 11:59 p.m.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the purpose of the Communications Strategist is to ensure SAMU’s communications adhere to the organization’s brand guidelines and to effectively deliver its messages to the appropriate audiences using the best channels.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Social Media and Digital Communication:
- Create yearly social media plan and evaluate the effectiveness of the chosen strategies and tactics.
- Implement social media strategy while continuously reviewing and making necessary changes to current tactics.
- Write and create visuals for blogs that will interest and benefit the student population
- Respond to social media queries and comments in a manner that is reflective of SAMU’s values.
- Attend SAMU events to provide live social media support
- Ensure communications represent SAMU and maintains a consistent tone on social media platforms
- Manage the SAMU website and provide updates as necessary.
- Copywriting and Video:
- Create and edit all copy for SAMU promotional materials, including internal and external communication pieces.
- Create and edit promotional video for various SAMU projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Terms of Employment
This full-time position features full health and dental benefits and a great work environment. Some weekend and evening work may be required however work hours are between 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. 35 hours/week.
Please address your application to Iwinet Stewart, Director of Marketing and Communications. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.