Content Marketing Internship (Full-Time, Summer)
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2017
- Social Lite Communications Inc
- Contact Name
- Scott Cunningham
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 24, 2017
About Social Lite
Social Lite is a full-stack digital marketing and design agency — digital is all we do. Consisting of 10 full-time members and a vast network of partners, we’re a team of skilled specialists who deliver high-level digital marketing strategies that win. We have great people, and we are lucky to have them on our team. We challenge one another but also celebrate each other’s successes. We learn and grow together.
Who is our next Content Marketing Intern?
You have experience creating unique content for social media, and have the ability to come up with out-of-the box ideas. As a member of Social Lite’s content team, you will help implement digital marketing campaigns for our clients using various digital channels and tactics. This means you are digital-savvy and have previous experience creating content for digital media. You have the skills to write fine-tuned content for social media, blogs, newsletters and landing pages.
You will be working within a variety of industries, such as e-commerce/retail, hospitality and tourism, heavy industry, and/or not-for-profit, but you can adapt your skills to any project at-hand. You are a natural self-starter with a bias to action, thriving on creativity and problem solving. You are a collaborator who won’t hesitate to challenge your peers and clients for the greater success of a project. This means you work well with others and apply a professional approach to teamwork.
Dates: Up to 3 months starting in June
Location: 3rd floor, 10650 113 St NW, Edmonton, AB.
Although job-specific training will be provided by Social Lite, your list of duties include the following:
- Social media management. Managing the ongoing success of social media accounts for our clients will be one of your primary responsibilities.
- Content creation and coordination. Write and coordinate newsletter, social and blog content on a variety of platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, WordPress, Shopify, SquareSpace, and MailChimp.
- Marketing strategies. Contribute research and content ideas during campaign development.
- Internal team meetings. Meet with other Social Lite team members regularly to plan campaigns and review milestones.
Personal Character Traits
- Creative content person
- Independent thinker and risk taker
- Proactive communicator
- Bring solutions
- Attention to detail
- Strive for excellence
- Think strategically
- Hunger for knowledge
- Have fun
Education / Skills
- Completed or currently enrolled in post-secondary education in related field (marketing, PR, communications, digital media)
- Up to one year experience of proven involvement in a digital marketing role
- Experience with some of the following: social media management, newsletter creation and distribution, blog writing, using CMS platforms (WordPress, SquareSpace etc.). Bonuses for: videography, photography, SEO, social advertising
- Creative working space with dogs present
- Never-ending well of coffee on-site
- Flexible start (8am-9:30am) and finish times (4pm-5:30pm)
- Free parking along the street
- Intricate training process that will make you a digital marketing whiz
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23rd, 2017.