Posted/Last Revised: 25th Feb, 2018
- Yellow Pencil
- Edmonton or Vancouver
- Educational Req.
Good on paper
- 1–3 years experience in content strategy or a related field
- A degree or diploma in communications, library science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with content and document management systems
- Experience creating and implementing complete content strategies for enterprise clients
- Experience planning and/or conducting user and stakeholder research
- Ability to communicate and collaborate, verbally and in writing, with your team – co-workers and clients alike – in person and remotely
But hey, if your background doesn’t quite match up with this list, but you know you’ll be a perfect fit – tell us why. We’ll listen.
- Contact Name
- Danielle Harder
- Contact Phone
- (780) 423-5917
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 30, 2018
We’re looking for a full-time Content Strategist to join our team.
We have a strong, established content strategy practice tied closely to our responsive design process. We need a content strategist with expertise in strategic planning for web content of all shapes and sizes.
In this role, you’ll work under the guidance of our team of experienced content strategists and collaborate closely with visual designers, developers, and project managers. You’ll bring skills in web content strategy and web content creation. A keen interest in all things user research, data analytics, and business analysis is a plus. If the opportunity to work and consult with clients all over North America excites you, then you’re in the right place.
- Plan and facilitate discovery research. Gather and define business requirements and user insights
- Translate discovery findings into actionable requirements. Articulate requirements and strategies to both client and internal teams
- Audit, analyze, plan, and create high-quality content for complex public-sector web projects
- Design content structures, including content models, sitemaps, taxonomy, metadata schemas, etc.
- Coordinate content production for projects: mentor and support client author teams; provide coaching on writing for the web and plain language best practices; set timelines and keep teams on track
- Support the collaborative design of content workflows, governance and processes
- Create and maintain content documentation: style guides, voice and tone guides, quality checklists
- Support the planning, coordination, and management of content migrations
The thanks you’ll get
- Competitive compensation rates
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Annual health spending account
- Monthly fitness subsidy
- Annual education allowance
As our next full-time Content Strategist, you’ll be joining either our Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC team.
Who you are
Interested and motivated
Our industry is changing every second. We need you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with it.
Already awesome, but ready to be awesomer
Be ready to get your hands dirty (not with actual dirt. Intellectual dirt). We won’t tell you what to do, we’ll collaborate with you to discover the best way to do it.
Always trying to get better
Training and development are a huge part of our values. We want you to be good at what you do, but we also want you to look for ways to get even better.
Ready to make an impact
The best part of Yellow Pencil? Anyone can help change how the company works. Got a better idea? Shout it out. Thought of something new? Make it happen.
Who we are
Yellow Pencil is a full-service web design agency based out of Edmonton and Vancouver. We work on big content problems for big (and big-ish) organizations.
We make our clients great at web content and digital services; we do it by giving them effective tools and empowering them with the right skills.
- We work as a team
- We keep improving
- We respect and encourage ideas
Working at Yellow Pencil means:
- A constant commitment to learning and growth.
- Delivering the highest quality work possible on every project.
- A people-first workplace. We want you to love being here as much as we do.
- Work/life balance. We like that people have lives outside of the office.
So apply now!