Posted/Last Revised: 12th Apr, 2017
- Edmonton, AB
- Contact Name
- Eldon Kymson
- Contact Phone
- (780) 432-3225
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 30, 2017
Habit is a crack team of creatives, web developers, software engineers, marketing specialists, and wayfinding experts. We’re an agency that builds brands, websites, advertising campaigns, and signage systems for clients big and small. And we think you should join us.
We need a copywriter.
Ours is going on maternity leave, so you’ll be signing a six-month contract with the possibility of extension. You’ll be writing and editing all content that comes out of Habit, both for us and for our clients.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Maintaining a consistent brand voice for Habit and for our clients
- Working with clients to understand their content goals and needs
- Taking notes at discovery meetings and turning them into useful project briefs
- Working with our team to write new business proposals and respond to RFPs
- Writing brand language (voice and tone) and messaging (vision, mission, core values, brand promise, and taglines)
- Writing content according to established voice, tone, and style, as well as developing and defining new ones
- Writing useful and interesting marketing website content
- Helping create marketing concepts and writing effective advertising copy
- Reviewing and editing both internal and client-supplied content for accuracy
You have plenty of great personal qualities, like…
- Strong communication skills
- Serious attention to detail
- Taking personal pride in doing your best work
- Effective time and priority management skills
- Being comfortable talking to and working directly with clients
- The flexibility to positively respond to our clients’ and our team’s changing needs
- The ability to work alone when dealing with clients and pitching your own work, combined with the wisdom to know when to stop and ask for help
- The ability to work under tight timelines when you have to
You can boost your chances if…
- You have a post-secondary diploma or degree in communications
- You have previous writing or agency experience
- You’re familiar with (or willing to read) the Chicago Manual of Style: 16th Edition
- You’re comfortable using Pages and Word
- You know and love the Oxford comma
We have some perks you’ll love.
We’ll give you a fully loaded Mac to use and just about any software you could possibly need. We also offer competitive benefits: vision, dental, massages, private rooms in the hospital, you name it. We keep sane hours but pay overtime on the rare occasions it’s needed. Best of all, we work in an easily accessible office in the Bonnie Doon area.
We work hard, but we play hard, too. Extracurricular activities include out-of-office lunches, field trips to the go-kart track, and epic battles on the foosball tables. All we’re missing is you. Bring your ideas and your A-game, and together we’ll make awesome things.
Send your resume or portfolio. If we think you have what it takes, we’ll give you a call and set up an interview.