Posted/Last Revised: 23rd Aug, 2018
- Champion Petfoods
- Educational Req.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Journalism, English, or related field.
- Intermediate to Senior Writer, with minimum five years’ experience.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Excellent proofer and editor, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of Canadian and US grammar and punctuation.
- Extremely strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with diverse groups.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Office; understanding InDesign is considered an asset.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Contact Name
- Brandon Hoffner
- Contact Phone
- (587) 525-6991
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Sep. 30, 2018
Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Copywriter to join our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being trusted by pet lovers worldwide. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company – we would like to hear from you.
Marketing Communication Director
The Copywriter is the key individual responsible for using written word to tell the story of our brand and ensuring that all marketing documents align with approved brand and company communication standards. This position is responsible for developing copy for brochures, flyers, website, newsletters, PowerPoint slideshows, Point of Sale materials, PR-related materials, and more, for various audiences. This position is also responsible for proofing and editing materials.
- Creative word-crafting to write materials that tell the story of Champion Petfoods and its ACANA and ORIJEN brands.
- Develop copy for brochures, flyers, website, newsletters, ads, campaigns, PowerPoint slideshows, Point of Sale material, etc., for different audiences.
- Review and edit as needed, PR materials, including press releases, articles, responses to interviewer questions, and other media-related content.
- Craft communications directed to internal employees, as well as for retail and distribution partners.
- Develop scripts and content for video, webinars and social media.
- Develop messaging for social media platforms.
- Edit copy to meet design parameters; work closely with Creative Services and other cross-functional partners to collaborate on messaging.
- Oversee the proofing process of packaging for Canadian, US, and international markets.
- Develop awareness and understanding of corporate policies, practices and procedures as they relate to health and safety and to the environment and commit to personal compliance with same.
- Perform other duties as required and requested.