Corporate Lead, Storytelling and Media Relations
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2017
- Covenant Health
- Educational Req.
- Baccalaureate degree in journalism, arts, social sciences, public relations, communications, or marketing required.
- Graduate-level study in communications, community development or business preferred.
- Combination of education and work experience would be considered.
- At least ten years experience in media relations in a complex environment or with a large organization required.
- Experience designing and implementing innovative media relations, communications, public relations, marketing or community engagement strategies required.
- Experience in change and issues management required.
- Experience as a working journalist required.
- Familiarity with web technology and experience using social media required.
- Experience involving public sector, with multiple stakeholders desired.
- Contact Name
- Fran Ross
- Closing Date
- Jun. 30, 2017
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, the Corporate Lead, Storytelling and Media Relations leads strategies for news and issues management to support reputation and build public understanding and trust in Covenant Health and the health system. The position is an integral member of a team providing leadership to the organization’s integrated external and internal communication efforts. Using astute assessment and discernment, strategic thinking and creativity, the position helps the organization to manage issues and change through strategic media relations and storytelling, communications planning, implementation and evaluation within the organization and externally.
The position leads the development and execution of the corporate integrated storytelling strategy as a cornerstone of the organization’s external and internal communication efforts, working with Senior leaders and subject matter experts to enhance the organization’s reputation, to manage risk and engage staff. The position leads The Vital Beat, Covenant Health’s digital story platform, as the managing editor responsible for developing the editorial content strategy and integration with social media and managing the contributions of internal and external contributors. The position is also responsible for media relations activities, co-ordinating corporate efforts to engage media and respond to media opportunities and collaborating with Alberta Health Services and Government to build public confidence in the health system, advance our organization’s reputation, and manage risk.
The Corporate Lead, Storytelling and Media Relations also advises senior leaders and their teams on best communications practices through consultation, education and presentations to enhance organizational communication and meet organizational objectives. The position leads corporate communications projects as required and develops and implements communications plans and strategies in collaboration with senior leaders and project managers to manage change and advance corporate initiatives and objectives.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below and submit your resume and cover letter.