Creative Graphic Designer
Posted/Last Revised: 5th Mar, 2018
- Champion Petfoods
- Educational Req.
- College or University degree in Graphic Design.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Graphic Design/Marketing field in creative development and execution.
- In-depth knowledge of design related software applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Strong understanding of how to integrate creative throughout many channels (in-store, print & digital).
- Basic knowledge of video editing and motion graphics (Final Cut Pro/After Effects) considered an asset.
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles.
- Excellent personal initiative, organizational, presentation and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills between multiple levels and with diverse audiences.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
- Excellent creative and conceptualization skills.
- Ability to effectively describe and present ideas.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of graphic design: layout, typography, colour theory and production processes.
- High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
- An openness to try new things and push the creative envelope while maintaining the highest standards
- Comfortable presenting and selling creative work to colleagues and executive
- Actively addresses issues/conflicts by offering solutions and escalating as needed
- Well-developed strategic thinking, conceptual, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Able to work independently as well as in an open office team environment
- Contact Name
- Brandon Hoffner
- Contact Phone
- (587) 525-6991
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 1, 2018
The Creative Graphic Designer is responsible for the conception and creation of Champion Petfoods marketing materials for new products, product launches, exhibitions, and events. This position will take each project from conception stage to final execution across all channels (in-store, print & digital) in accordance to Champion Petfoods brand standard. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, the Graphic Designer will demonstrate the ability to multi task/create and communicate ideas with acute attention to detail. The Creative Graphic Designer works out of our corporate office in North-West Edmonton, and reports to the Creative Director.
- Design digital and printed materials for new product packaging, trade exhibits, displays, publications, in-store promotional signage, Web sites, and other channels.
- Identify, source, and select vendors/service providers for printing and publication services, as necessary (e.g. illustrators, printers, typesetters, photographers, etc.).
- Assist in the development and implementation of company brand standards, ensuring effectiveness and consistency across all design projects.
- Apply style/brand guides to existing distributor & retailer marketing materials.
- Work collaboratively with design partners and marketing team to ensure designs communicate the desired message.
- Research and provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends.
- Assist in clearly defining the production requirements for each project.
- Proof all marketing projects for accuracy and adherence to corporate standards.
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content.
- Develop innovative design solutions in accordance with company requirements and within brand standards.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and priorities with very short timeframes and under high pressure
- Works closely with the Project Manager, Marketing on workload management, resourcing, and projects.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.