Posted/Last Revised: 5th Dec, 2018
- Contact Name
- Chad Langager
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 31, 2018
At AltaML, we are dedicated to building impactful digital properties and products in the machine learning space. We are passionate about the internet and software and how they have had a transformative impact on every aspect of our society.
Our core values speak volumes about who we are and how we work
- Humble – Listen to the data
- Happy – Tap-dance to work
- Gritty – Be persistent, not complacent
- Agile – Make small bets, then iterate
Job Title: Design Lead
- Position Type: Full-time
- Application Deadline: Until Position is Filled, send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: TBD
- Location: 12th Floor, 10130 – 103 Street, Edmonton
- Reports to: VP, Product
The Product Team is looking for a highly-motivated Design Lead to help the organization in designing and building transformative products in the digital media and software spaces. As a Design Lead, you bring design thinking to the team to ensure that we are building products and solutions that solve problems, drive business goals, and make a meaningful impact and ensure that we a designing thoughtfully.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with the product team to iteratively ideate, prototype, and build product designs
- Participate across all aspects of the design process (research, ideation, design, and testing) for our products
- Set design patterns and guidelines for various properties and brands
- Define and operate an effective design process
- Oversee and be responsible for the final output of the design component of a product
- Translate user feedback into improvements, features, and products
- Research existing products to deeply understand the state of the art
- Explore workflows and interactions through prototypes
- Find opportunities to simplify and ways to infuse our product philosophy
- Iterate quickly with feedback from the team and our users
- Work closely with development team to ship very high quality products
- Conduct design reviews
- Collaborate with sales team to help craft marketing materials
Education and Training
3-5 years experience as a designer as part of a team, preferably in a digital business
- Portfolio to showcase design experience, preferably with use cases
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other relevant graphic design programs.
- Make design recommendations and defend those decisions.
- Effective listener that can quickly get to the root problems/opportunities
- Ability to balance requests and a backlog of tasks with available capacity.
- Passion for building transformative products that solve real-problems.
- Excels in fast paced environment with the ability to manage multiple high priority projects at once.
- Ability to lead a team and delegate on a short and long-term basis.
- The chance to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing, product-focused organization with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Fast-paced environment with meaningful career paths.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours, we don’t watch the clock.
- No set vacation, take the time you need.
- Transportation benefits.
- Health benefits plan.
- Downtown office located in the heart of the innovation district.
At AltaML, we provide significant flexibility to our staff with work hours and vacations. A high level of mutual respect must be formed early on to ensure this situation is successful. We are looking for an individual who shows solid initiative and desire to learn and who hits the ground running as soon as they hit their desk in the morning.