Digital Engagement Specialist
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2017
- West Edmonton Mall
- Contact Name
- Human Resources
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jul. 8, 2017
The Digital Engagement Specialist is responsible for assisting the Digital Marketing and Guest Services departments in representing West Edmonton Mall guest service through social media and other digital channels. Candidates should have strong writing and communication skills as well as in-depth knowledge of social media channels including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. Some social media, marketing or public relations experience is preferred.
- Monitoring, responding and engaging on social media channels and WEM text messaging platform.
- Developing content for social media.
- Assisting with compiling social monitoring reports.
- Monitoring pop culture, fashion, competitor, influencer, industry and media trends.
- Completing online community management activities: respond to customer questions, concerns, feedback and reviews, remove comments and spam that violate our community page guidelines.
- Completing WEM social media engagement best practices and CRM platform training.
- Actively monitor conversations via CRM tools and report feedback to appropriate Mall departments.
- Tracking customer engagement sentiment and report to PR Manager and Interactive Coordinator.
- Recognizing and flagging social influencers and bloggers.
- Recognizing and file pertinent engagements completed across all social media channels and text messages.
- Reflect WEM voice and tone in all communications.
- Represent WEM digital guest service during peak times as “digital concierge”.
- Pursuing a degree or certificate in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms.
- Some knowledge of using social media tools for business.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer and word processing applications.
- Some knowledge of emerging technology platforms.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Assertive with a “can do” attitude and able to work independently as well as be a team player.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a part-time position that requires flexible availability up to forty hours a week that allows for a schedule including Monday through Fridays 5pm – 9pm, Saturday 10am – 9pm and Sunday 11am – 6pm.
- This position has a starting wage of $14.00 an hour.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.