DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
Posted/Last Revised: 7th Mar, 2017
- TELUS World of Science - Edmonton
- Educational Req.
- University degree or diploma in marketing, public relations or related field with 3 (three) years experience in a similar position and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with website design and content management systems and technologies, protocols and development tools.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with Desktop publishing tools and video editing software.
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone
- (780) 452-9100
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 21, 2017
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications, this position is a key member of the Marketing team. The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for driving social networking and website strategies, creating an engaged community and developing on-line brand awareness of the organization. The incumbent works closely with all departments to ensure tight integration of all social media programs and initiatives.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for all digital communication activities such as website, social media, e-mail marketing, digital advertising online and in house, etc. They will be responsible for maximizing awareness, driving on-line traffic/sales and on-site attendance. This includes the managing of the internal process required to maintain dynamic and current online content.
As a representative of the organization within the on-line community, the incumbent will provide communication with key audiences to drive attendance, enhance relationships and position TELUS World of Science – Edmonton positively.
This position requires a flexible work schedule and includes weekend work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Responsible to help drive social networking and website strategies for the organization.
- Research, plan, develop, implement, coordinate, maintain and analyze current and emerging digital communication activities designed to maximize awareness, drive on-line traffic/sales and on-site attendance.
- Develop and/or support the production of video, graphic design and audio elements for utilization in digital, online, web and social media marketing and communication technologies.
- Knowledge of using standard SEO tools, such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, SEOmoz, Raven etc.
- Experience planning long-term Digital Marketing strategy for websites, including link attraction, content marketing campaigns and ongoing content development plans.
- Experience setting up Google Analytics, including implementation of event tracking, goals, and filters.
- Considerable experience in online marketing, tracking and planning including website optimization, pay-per-click and banner advertising, mobile web, social media and website management is required.
- Experience with digital analytics platforms such as Google Analytics is required. Google certification would be considered an asset.
- Strong technical SEO knowledge and analyzing/interpreting keyword and analytics data. Candidates must feel comfortable spearheading content recommendations that not only appeals to readers, but also meets SEO objectives.
- Monitor emerging social media trends, manage and evaluate on-line brand activity and generate reports/updates for senior management, with recommendations for future enhancements.
- Represent the organization within the on-line community, provide communication with key audiences to drive attendance, enhance relationships and position TELUS World of Science – Edmonton positively.
- Audit website content for reliability, accuracy, and usability. Update website content and metadata daily to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Increase display ad click-through rates by creating relevant concepts and writing engaging content that leverages cutting-edge rich-media technology.
- Increase conversion rates by writing compelling web and landing page copy that highlights the value propositions and directs the user to the appropriate call-to-action.
- Increase email open rates and click-through rates by creating and developing relevant email campaign copy.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong communication and creative writing skills.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Good knowledge of public relations, marketing and sales techniques.
- Good knowledge of advertising, news media, graphic design and printing principles and procedures.
- Proven online written and verbal communication ability.
- Good administrative skills.
Hours: Flexible Schedule is required to work weekday, evenings, weekends and holidays. Typical Schedule will be Wednesday – Monday.