Digital Marketing Specialist
Posted/Last Revised: 19th Mar, 2017
- Bluetrain Inc.
- Sherwood Park
- Based on experience
- Educational Req.
- Educated to college/university degree level or higher.
- Degree in Marketing/Business, Web Development, and/or Computer Programming is an asset.
- Minimum of 2+ years of SEO experience is desired
Desired Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience performing extensive keyword research across industries.
- Experience creating on-site SEO recommendations.
- Experience performing technical SEO site audits.
- Experience setting up Google Analytics (events, goals, filters, dashboards).
- Knowledge of using standard SEO and reporting tools such as Google Search Console, Google Data Studio, SEOmoz, SEMrush and Raven Tools would be an asset.
- Experience planning long-term SEO strategy including link building, content marketing campaigns and ongoing content development plans.
- Experience running paid search campaigns in AdWords is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytic with ability to interpret and tell stories with data.
- Google Tag Manager implementation experience an asset
- Experience with social media, social media advertising, email marketing, and marketing automation is an asset.
- Coding and/or web design background would be considered an asset.
- Experience using a CMS, particularly WordPress, is an asset.
- Contact Name
- Shauna Heryford
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 28, 2017
Become a part of the exciting industry of Online Marketing and experience year over year growth!
Who We Are – Bluetrain is an established, and growing, Digital Marketing Agency. Our core service offerings are search engine optimization (SEO), online advertising, social media, content marketing, web analytics, and overarching digital strategy. We work with clients on an ongoing basis to manage their online presence and grow results.
Who We Work With – Bluetrain acts as an outsourced online marketing department for progressive clients from different industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include ATB Financial, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), EPCOR, Strathcona County, and Ryerson University MBA.
What We Offer You – With a core value of ‘Balance’, the Bluetrain team live rewarding and balanced lives both at home and at work. We work hard but take the time to have fun. Bluetrain offers a competitive salary, vacation, health and dental benefits package, professional development opportunities, the ability to learn and grow within the company, a flexible work environment and a supportive collaborative team.
Who We Want – The Digital Marketing Specialist role is to generate ongoing results for our clients using multiple channels and platforms such as SEO, content marketing, social media, web analytics and online advertising. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a high standard of quality, looking for a collaborative digital marketing role in a company that shares this value.
Reporting directly to the Director of Strategy & Operations your main duties will include:
- Implementing tactics monthly from Digital Marketing Plans across multiple clients.
- Analyzing results from Digital Marketing programs for clients, monitoring site traffic and conversions, finding areas for improvement.
- Execute comprehensive link building and outreach strategies to directly build quality links and citations for client websites.
- Work with Content Strategist to prioritize & build relevant content for site.
- Implementing onsite optimization or HTML changes to a client’s CMS.
- Providing monthly reports to Account Managers on assigned ongoing client sites. Reports include work completed, insights, and recommendations.
- Performing research / setup initiatives including technical SEO site audits & reports, competitive analysis, keyword research, content optimization, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Supporting client website redesigns; including site planning (architecture, redirects, etc.), SEO and Usability reviews of wireframes, designs, and site.
- Collaborating with team on digital marketing plans, strategy and tactics.
- Staying up-to-date with search engine ranking factors, algorithms, and industry trends by researching / reading.
- Identifying and troubleshooting Analytics or site issues – working with team to resolve problem found.
- Implementing local search best practices (ie. Google My Business, Reviews, Citations)
- Presenting at Client meetings when necessary to share key deliverables.
- Confident communicating recommendations.
- Results-oriented and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- An independent worker that self motivates to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality).
- Ability to prioritize across multiple clients, tasks and deadlines.
- A highly analytical mind, comfortable analyzing data and problem solving.
- A high level of detail.
- Enjoys working with a team.
- High desire for continuous learning of new things.
Apply: If you are passionate about digital marketing and the above description sounds like you, please send a cover letter with resume to:
Attention: Shauna Heryford, Director of Strategy & Operations
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.