Digital Marketing Specialist
Posted/Last Revised: 16th Apr, 2017
- Edmonton Public Library
- $32.02 - $40.88 per hour* *Approximately $58,509 - $74,687 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.
- Contact Name
- Shana Wiebe
- Contact Phone
- (780) 442-1375
- Closing Date
- Apr. 24, 2017
This is a temporary position until August 07, 2019.
Are you an inbound marketing specialist with the skills to create and distribute targeted content to help attract people to all the amazing information, resources, programs and services housed at EPL? If spreading the words using blogs, articles, keywords, social media, advertisements and campaigns for one of Edmonton’s most used and loved organizations sounds like your passion, read on.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will develop and execute digital and content marketing strategies that ensure EPL resources, programs and services are easy to find, access and use. Primary responsibilities include:
- Help shape and evolve the EPL marketing team to have an inbound, content and digital-first approach where web, content and digital touch points are a key part of attracting and retaining new library users.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on digital & content marketing strategies, tools and tactics. Make recommendations to senior management and project teams on digital and content marketing best practices and innovative, new approaches to reaching customers.
- Working with the Director of Marketing and Communications as well as the Digital Discovery Librarian, lead efforts to improve website content and search engine marketing strategy including keyword optimization, landing page and blog best practices and call-to-action development to ensure maximum website search results and use of EPL resources.
- Working with the Communications Coordinator, support content strategy recommendations on EPL’s social media platforms as well as lead the implementation of emerging social media opportunities.
- Lead the development and implementation of EPL’s digital advertising to promote library services and initiatives. Evaluate the performance of paid advertising. Analyze, track and report on results.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on digital campaign success.
- Serve as a key member of EPL teams, collaboratively developing program-specific marketing plans with and for those teams.
- Own the development, execution and project management of marketing plans for focus areas, leveraging the appropriate mix of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Provide tactical communications support including developing print and electronic campaign materials, and writing newsletter and web content.
- Related degree with three or more years of related experience (e.g. inbound marketing, content marketing, search engine marketing, Google Analytics, calls-to-action, pay per click advertising, mobile marketing).
- Related experience in a large public sector, institutional or commercial organization is an asset.
- Experience working in an agency developing inbound marketing and digital advertising strategies for clients is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience writing for the web and for a digital environment.
- Experience with content marketing tools like HubSpot, mass email applications like MailChimp or Industry Mailout and web design tools like HTML and WordPress.
- Ability to assess audience/customer needs and develop content strategies to meet specific needs.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to tell the data’s story.
- Excellent project management, communication, presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Superior problem solving skills, a high level of organizational ability and ability to deal with multiple deadlines and demands.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. A good understanding of the CP Style Guide as well as working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Creative Suite is an asset.
Note: Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary level.
Who we are:
The secret ingredient for making EPL a magical place is no secret at all; in fact, it’s very simple: We share. We share stories, ideas, and experiences. We share with our customers, our communities, and ourselves. We are Edmonton’s largest lender of all manner of information and entertainment.
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week
- Marketing and Fund Development Division employees are subject to variable hours of work as per the Collective Agreement and shift length and scheduling may vary based on operational needs.
Work Location(s): Marketing & Communications Division, MNP Tower, 700, 10235 101 Street NW Edmonton, AB T5J 3G1
To apply: For more information about this position and other jobs available at the Edmonton Public Library, please visit epl.ca/careers-at-epl/ and apply online. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.