Posted/Last Revised: 9th Jan, 2018
- Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation
- Educational Req.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the role and potential of online communications, including social media, websites, and e-mail campaigns
- Strong experience in website content management
- Strength as a marketer, who can identify opportunities for online content and has the ability to create that content in a real-time environment to stimulate user interaction, discussion, and engagement
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, autonomously, and collaboratively
- Excellent writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Effective time management skills, a keen eye for detail, and solid organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with ease
- Knowledge of online etiquette and best practices
- Demonstrates creative but pragmatic approaches to decision making and problem-solving
- Demonstrates discretion and good judgment when working with sensitive information
- Ability to report on and articulate digital strategies to co-workers and foundation stakeholders
- Knowledge and skills in Adobe Creative Suite would be a plus.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field
- Two to three years of experience in a marketing or communications role that involved the use of digital and social media tools
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- The ability to work occasional overtime on evenings and weekends
- The successful candidate will be required to complete a police background check
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset
Position and Salary
The Digital Strategist position is a full-time equivalent position (38.75 hours per week). The Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation will offer a competitive salary and excellent pension and health benefits that reflect the scope of duties and responsibilities that are required for the position.
To apply, e-mail cover letter and resume by Thursday, January 18, 2018, to:
Director of Communications
Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation
- Contact Name
- Lindsay Peddle
- Contact Phone
- (780) 217-2613
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jan. 18, 2018
If your goal is to work for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of people – at the same time making a difference in your own – then consider a career with the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation.
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? Do you have a knack for getting the right emails into the right inboxes at the right times? Do you live to see those open and click-through rates climb higher and higher? Do you have a love for writing, a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit world, and experience in blogging to achieve organizational goals?
We’re looking for a Digital Strategist to join our team and take ownership of our digital media presence by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into donors, active fans, and promoters of our organization. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Strategist will lead the digital content management for the foundation, including our social media accounts, email communications, and website content and storytelling for our multiple centres of healthcare excellence.
- Identify, develop, design and maintain digital communications strategies to further the strategic goals of the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation, including the goal to build better health care for all Albertans.
- Identify and develop creative, timely digital content to raise awareness, thank our donors, and share stories of the impact their donations have on the Royal Alexandra Hospital, Lois Hole Hospital for Women, CK Hui Heart Centre, and other areas of the hospital.
- Attract online supporters and increase our online presence by driving awareness for our organization and its mission using our social media accounts and our website.
- Improve the size and quality of our constituent database by engaging our visitors with the ultimate goal of converting online visitors and supporters to donors.
- Engage our online audience through the use of data and on-site behavior evaluation to segment our database, build more targeted email nurturing campaigns, and the creation of compelling digital experiences.
Social Media Manage Social Media Management
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Concept and execute regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and donor leads from our social network presence to our website.
- Explore new ways to engage online supporters and identify new social strategies to reach our target donors.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
Email Campaign Management
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Measure results and optimize the email workflows in order to convert email recipients to donors.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Delight our online community with personalized communications to boost retention and strengthen relationships in order to build long-term networks of support.
Website Content Management
- Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote organizational campaigns and events to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization’s various centres of medical excellence.
- Actively use website visitor data to optimize/scale online marketing strategies and tactics.