Posted/Last Revised: 11th Jun, 2018
- Covenant Health
- Covenant Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Educational Req.
- Baccalaureate degree in communications, business administration, or related field.
- 10 years progressive experience in a communications leadership role in a large organization of significant complexity and diversity.
- Experience advising executive/senior leaders.
- Generalist experience in all aspects of core communication services, with experience in integrated communications across platforms, including digital and print.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong, integrated teams and to achieve team goals and deliver on strategic corporate objectives.
- Leadership skills, including demonstrated ability and comfort with decision making responsibilities, managerial courage to address issues, mentoring, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others.
- Contact Name
- Recruitment Advisors
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 24, 2018
The Director, Communications is a key leadership role that reports to the Chief Communications Officer. This position is accountable for leading teams in the strategic planning, integrated service delivery and evaluation of Communications services. The Director provides strategic communications and media relations advice to executive and senior leaders in support of the Covenant mission and Strategic Plan.
Requisition #: COV00005177
Location: Tawa Centre – Alberta
Department: Chief Communications Officer
Status: Regular Full-Time (1.00 FTE)
Shift Rotation : 7.75 Hour Day shifts (Monday to Friday)
Salary Range: As per the out of scope salary band
Closing Date: June 24, 2018
This position is responsible for providing the vision and leadership for the development, design and implementation of an integrated program of external and internal communications services. The Director develops strategies to ensure initiatives, programs and services are in place to enhance awareness and understanding of our mission and contribution and to support relationship building, reputation, engagement and trust with the public and stakeholders. The Director’s responsibilities also include effective internal corporate communications strategies and tactics, and the effective management of communication services to support engagement, excellence in patient and resident care, change and issues management, and strategic initiatives.
The Director is responsible for building and leading a team and ensuring an integrated communications approach for maximum impact – as well as ensuring monitoring, evaluation of operations and initiatives to meet strategic goals. The position establishes and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external key communications stakeholders, including AHS, Government, and consultants. The position is responsible for ensuring Communications programs and services are carried out in a manner consistent with Covenant Health’s Mission, Values and Ethical Guidelines. Note: Travel is required, and may include the use of a personal vehicle. A standard driver’s abstract may also be required for use of corporate lease vehicles.
Apply on our website
Requsistion Number: COV00005177