Director of Digital Marketing
Posted/Last Revised: 14th May, 2018
- Bluetrain Inc.
- Sherwood Park
- Contact Name
- Bryan Smith
- Contact Phone
- (780) 628-7414
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- May. 31, 2018
Become a leader of an experienced digital marketing team with strong core values, a close-knit culture, and drives year over year growth!
Who We Are – Bluetrain is an established (founded 2007), and growing, data-driven Digital Marketing Agency. Our core service offerings are online advertising, social media, content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), web analytics, and overarching digital strategy. We work with clients on an ongoing basis to improve their online presence and grow results.
Who We Work With – Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from different industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and Strathcona County.
What We Offer You – With a core value of ‘Balance’, the Bluetrain team live rewarding and balanced lives both at home and at work. We work hard but take the time to have fun. Bluetrain offers a competitive salary, vacation, health and dental benefits package, professional development opportunities, the ability to grow within the company, a flexible work environment and a supportive collaborative team.
Who We Want – The Director of Digital Marketing role will be responsible for the management, operations and performance of the online marketing team. The role requires a strong desire to deliver client results, mentor effective strategy development, an appetite for operational and process improvement, and a desire to coach/grow others. A great opportunity for an individual looking for a digital marketing leadership role in an environment that is cutting-edge with a recognized reputation for a high standard of quality.
- Perform weekly check-in and coaching of digital marketing team members
- Ensure team resources are allocated effectively in collaboration with project manager
- Mentor digital marketing specialists on strategy development and implementation
- Report to President and be active member of management team
- Complete quality assurance reviews of key digital marketing deliverables
- Continuous improvement of internal processes/workflow and program offerings
- Support Account team with complex issues / troubleshooting
- Facilitate skills training/coaching to build team know-how
- Evaluate and implement new digital marketing tools
- Support sales activity with RFP resourcing estimates
- Oversee team is up-to-date with industry trends by researching / reading / events
- Join client meetings for strategic discovery and key deliverable presentations
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree or higher in Marketing, Web Development, Computer Programming, or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 6-8+ years of high-level digital marketing experience is required
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of team management experience is required
- Proven track record of delivering results though best practice techniques across multiple digital marketing channels
- Proven experience in implementing ongoing digital marketing programs, and tactics
- Experience organizing work across multiple client projects in parallel
- Advanced experience with paid online advertising, across multiple channels, such as paid search, display, retargeting, paid social, mobile and more
- Understanding of search engine ranking factors, algorithms, and principles
- Experience evaluating website analytics issues/opportunities and troubleshooting
- Knowledge in local search best practices (ie. Google My Business, Reviews, Citations)
- Professional marketing agency experience an asset
- Google AdWords qualifications an asset
- Google Analytics qualifications an asset
- Google Tag Manager implementation experience an asset
- Web development skills would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skill and work efficiency
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
Apply: If the description above sounds like YOU please send your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Bryan Smith, President. Please note “Director of Digital Marketing Application” in the subject line.
Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain. Only candidates short-listed for an assessment, call or interview will be contacted.