Posted/Last Revised: 6th Feb, 2019
- West Edmonton Mall
- Contact Name
- Human Resources
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 6, 2019
The Drafter/Designer is responsible for the development, design and production of West Edmonton Mall’s visual design related projects through Revit BIM in order to effectively communicate information through interactive media and visual graphics while presenting information in a way that is both accessible and aesthetically-pleasing.
- Developing, analyzing and drafting AutoCAD and Revit BIM designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data.
- Understanding various digital file formats and how to manipulate/translate files in order to convert and create AutoCAD drawings into Revit.
- Ability to navigate and manipulate architectural Revit models for in house review and usage.
- Developing Revit components and/or families to incorporate into a single Revit building model.
- Drafting and conceptualizing modifications for upcoming/proposed projects with West Edmonton Mall and its attractions.
- Working closely with the visual design team and project managers to establish goals, objectives and time-lines for specific visual design and graphic projects.
- Implementing brand guidelines in all design work and maintaining the graphic design network and storage of files.
- Designing print and multi-media artwork for visual design projects including major communication pieces and advertisements.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in a graphic design program.
- A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years-experience working in graphic and/or architectural design.
- Proficient knowledge of Revit BIM Software, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe CS4 including Dreamweaver and Flash as well as strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong creative ability and attention to detail as well as excellent organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that is required Monday through Friday.
- This is a salaried position that is dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.