Posted/Last Revised: 19th Jan, 2018
- West Edmonton Mall
- Contact Name
- Human Resources
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 1, 2018
The Events Manager is responsible for overseeing the Events Marketing team through effective planning, organizing and execution of events for the organization.
- Conceptualizing, organizing and managing all phases of the various events held within West Edmonton Mall including event ideas, sourcing, contract negotiations, logistics planning, implementation and evaluation of events and entertainment.
- Identifying and implementing new and unique events to be held at West Edmonton Mall, including fashion shows, concerts, celebrity events, sporting events, charitable events, autograph signings, etc.
- Researching, initiating, developing and fostering relationships with potential sponsors for events.
- Acting as a point of contact with external event representatives, corporate sponsorship liaisons, booking agents, talent, and internal mall departments.
- Creating and maintaining a calendar of events and developing a system that enables and anticipates long term planning and effective event management for WEM events.
- Updating and maintaining event processes and other documentation for reference necessary to ensure consistency.
- Establishing task schedules to ensure conformance with department objectives and goals while ensuring adequate staffing for events and schedules set up, including technical, stage and other crews, security, etc.
- Negotiating agreements with outside providers to manage cost and ensure the highest quality of service while managing, maintaining and determining budgetary recommendations for the fiscal year.
- Developing and executing all necessary follow ups with sub-contractors, sponsors and client groups and providing post event analysis, budget recaps and participant’s feedback and incorporate learning into future plans.
- Developing new ways to increase event awareness and attendance through various mediums including: website enhancements, web advertising, collateral distribution, e-mail databases and newsletters.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, Events Management, Commerce or extensive related industry experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in event coordination, promotions or events marketing based position.
- Must be self-driven, self-motivated and be able to take charge of a situation when required.
- A strong level of negotiation skills and experiences with developing and negotiating event contracts.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment with set deadlines and planned time frames.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, computer, and communication skills are required for success in this position.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule that allows for occasional evenings and weekends to oversee certain events.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.