F/T Web Developer
Posted/Last Revised: 3rd Feb, 2019
- Paper Leaf
- Educational Req.
Are you the ideal candidate for this position? We’re looking for someone who…
- wants to work collaboratively in a small, tight-knit team
- is interested in cross-functional teams and roles
- loves the web and technology
- is a true problem-solver and critical thinker
- loves to figure out how things work
- can have a good time & joke around, but also know when to buckle down
- thinks through problems thoroughly and can foresee gaps in project requirements
- is extremely detail-oriented
- takes true pride in their work
- is able to manage multiple tasks while being deadline-oriented
To be considered for the position, here’s what you’ll have:
- 1+ years front-end development experience (HTML/CSS/JS), preferably using Bootstrap as a responsive front-end framework
- 1+ years experience developing for content management systems (WordPress experience is preferred but not required)
- experience with git/version control, or willingness / ability to learn
- back-end and server-side experience, or willingness / ability to learn
If you don’t meet one or two of these requirements, but still feel you’d be a good fit, throw your hat in the mix anyway. You miss every shot you don’t take. Oh, and experience in Laravel and React is a plus, but not required.
- Contact Name
- Jeff Archibald
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 15, 2019
Hey! Paper Leaf is an award-winning digital product agency located in Edmonton, AB. We design & develop innovative custom websites, web applications, and mobile applications –and we are looking to add another full-time Web Developer to our current team of 13 to help us do that. We have a fun, relaxed & flexible environment; a tight-knit team where your voice is heard; a variety of challenging, rewarding, and creative work; and room for professional development. It’s a good place to be.
We work on projects for clients across the globe, and you’ll be working on a team that values high-quality execution – not one that is hellbent on burning you out and churning out as much work as possible. You can learn more about our work on the Portfolio page, our team on our About page, and get a good vibe of our culture from our Instagram feed. Sometimes mission statements are bogus, but we believe in ours: to help businesses and organizations grow through elegant execution of design and technology.
As well, we believe that diversity in all regards contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently improve Paper Leaf and the work we do. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
The Web Developer position at Paper Leaf is a full-stack one – so experience and/or interest in both front and back end is a must. You’ll be working in a modern web development environment (git, version control, etc) on large/complex content managed sites (primarily WordPress – custom builds, not theme customizations), eCommerce sites, web applications (Laravel, React) and mobile applications (React Native, Ionic) for clients ranging from established businesses to international organizations and government corporations.
We realize the technical expectations are a big ask – we don’t expect you to know or have experience in everything right off the bat. A willingness and ability to learn is a big asset. So don’t not apply if you are lacking in some of the above areas, but have a desire to learn. We can help you get there.
At Paper Leaf, our developers are involved in projects from their inception, working with a consistent tight-knit, cross-functional team of 5 (we have two teams this size). You aren’t left in the dark until you’re handed a design file. You’re not only involved in the execution of the end product – you’re involved in the brainstorming & problem-solving parts of your projects, including production strategy meetings, code reviews, and more.
Your role is crucial to the success of the company, our clients, and their projects.
What We Offer
This full-time, salaried position is out of our downtown office in Edmonton (no remote workers, sorry). We offer a relaxed & fun working environment; flexible start and end times to your days, and the opportunity for 4 day weeks if you want; a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, benefits, vac time, and bonus structure; the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and meaningful projects; professional development opportunities; a rotating cast of office dogs; and more.
To apply, email the following to email@example.com:
- resume with references and a cover letter
- links to one or two live sites/apps you’ve built and your role in them
- link to your GitHub profile (if you have one)
This position – here’s the posting on our site – will remain open until filled. Thanks!