F/T Web Developer
Posted/Last Revised: 14th Mar, 2018
- Paper Leaf
- Educational Req.
Are you the ideal candidate for this position? We’re looking for someone who…
- wants to work collaboratively in a small, tight-knit team
- loves the web
- is a true problem solver and critical thinker
- loves to figure out how things work
- can have a good time & joke around, but also know when to buckle down
- can recommend the best strategies and resources for various web projects
- thinks through problems thoroughly and can foresee project requirements
- is extremely detail-oriented
- takes true pride in their work
- is able to manage multiple tasks while being deadline-oriented
- is an effective communicator
To be considered for the position, here’s what you’ll have:
- 1+ years back-end and server-side experience (NGINX is a plus too)
- 1+ years front-end development experience (HTML/CSS/JS)
- 1+ years experience developing for content management systems (WordPress experience is preferred but not required)
- experience with git/version control
- Or, comparable formal education.
If you don’t meet one or two of these requirements, but still feel you’d be a good fit, throw your hat in the mix anyway. You miss every shot you don’t take.
- Contact Name
- Jeff Archibald
- Contact Phone
- (780) 633-0415
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 30, 2018
Paper Leaf is an award-winning digital design firm located in Edmonton, AB. We design & develop innovative custom websites, web apps, and mobile apps –and we are looking to add a full-time Web Developer on a 6 month contract (with high likelihood for transition to a permanent role) to our team to help us do that. We have a fun, relaxed & flexible environment; a tight-knit team where your voice is heard; a variety of challenging, rewarding, and creative work; and room for professional development.
We work on cool projects for clients across the globe, and you’ll be working for a team that really values putting great work out into the world – not one that is hellbent on burning you out and churning out as much work as possible. You can learn more about our work on the Portfolio page and our team on our About page, and get a good vibe of our culture from our Instagram feed, but generally speaking we pride ourselves on being nice people, talented in our roles, whose collective purpose is to build great things that people love.
As well, we believe that diversity in all regards contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently improve Paper Leaf and the work we do. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
The Web Developer position is mainly responsible for bringing completed prototypes and interface designs to life, as well as developing web applications using languages like HTML/CSS/JS/PHP and more. You’ll be working in a modern web development environment (staged deployment, version control, etc) on large/complex content managed sites (primarily WordPress, so if you are familiar with developing using WordPress as a CMS, that’s a bonus – but not required), eCommerce sites, web applications and more for clients ranging from small businesses to tech startups to large & established organizations. Responsibilities include server set-up, optimization, and maintenance as well.
At Paper Leaf, our developers are involved in projects from their inception. You aren’t left in the dark until you’re handed a design file. You’re not only involved in the execution of the end product – you’re involved in the brainstorming & problem-solving parts of web projects. You’re involved in estimating; server-side work; performance optimization; idea generation; interaction design; and more.
Your role is integral to the success of the company, our clients, and their projects.
What We Offer
This full-time, salaried position is out of our downtown office in Edmonton (no remote workers, sorry). We offer a relaxed & fun working environment; flexible start and end times to your days, and the opportunity for 4 day weeks if you want; a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, benefits, vac time, and bonus structure; the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and meaningful projects; professional development opportunities; an office dog named Gus; and more.
To apply, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- resume with references and a cover letter
- links to one or two live sites you’ve built and your role in them (including goals, and any server work you did on the project as well)
- link to your GitHub profile (if you have one)
This position – here’s the original posting – will remain open until filled. Thanks!