Posted/Last Revised: 8th Aug, 2017
- Coventry Homes
- Educational Req.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or an associated diploma
- Contact Name
- Tara Van Horn
- Contact Phone
- (780) 453-5100
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Sep. 8, 2017
We’re looking for someone who loves conceptualization & branding and is passionate about taking ideas to the next level!
We are looking for a creative, passionate and experienced graphic designer to join our team. As a critical member of the marketing team you will manage both the Coventry Homes and Impact Homes brands, ensuring consistency and accuracy across all channels. Working both independently and as part of the Marketing team, your major functions include brand management, graphic design, website maintenance and copy-writing. As the Preferred Builder of the Edmonton Oilers, we have a number of multi-media assets for which you will work extensively on, including animated arena & TV advertising.
The successful candidate will be creative, passionate, and innovative, and have a strong graphic design background. As a design professional you will have excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure brand consistency and quality assurance across all channels
- Manage, collaborate, develop and execute marketing collateral for web & print. Including but not limited to: exhibits & displays, publications, sales and marketing brochures and materials, outdoor and digital signage, websites, e-marketing, POS material, online advertisements and other multi-media applications
- Prepare and submit concepts and drafts for approval
- Develop and manage the branding of our Sales Centres
- Create and maintain branding guidelines and consistency manuals
- Assist with website updates and maintenance, may include minor coding
- Write and edit ad copy and web copy
- Identify, source and suggest vendors or service providers
- Image manipulation and correction
- Assist in maintaining and managing the team’s digital files
- Manage and maintain design and project schedules and provide weekly status updates
- Develop and maintain specifications and standards for printing and other production
- Coordinate and facilitate press-checks, as required
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to brand standards
- Participate in marketing team meetings
- Other duties shall be assigned as required
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or an associated diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, including developing creative concepts to building finished files for production
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite in a PC environment
- Proficient in website content management systems
- Video editing, and experience with multi-media applications
- Maintain a strong understanding of current advertising copy writing and editing
- Creativity and knowledge of current trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from team members
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize time
- Strong ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Coventry is an innovative, energetic home away from home. Our employees and clients are our top priority. We strive to create an open community with social events, snack days and interactive communication. If you enjoy working hard and having fun, please apply to The Coventry team.
If this sounds like a good fit with your personality and professional experience, please forward a one to two page resume telling us why you are a good fit for this role and why you want to work with us, above all others.
Don’t forget to send us a link to your portfolio!