Posted/Last Revised: 3rd Dec, 2017
- Alberta Conservation Association
- Sherwood Park
- Educational Req.
- Is this you?
- You’re a graphic designer who can cross media from vehicle wraps to publication design
- Your portfolio includes creative solutions with an understanding of client needs
- You have strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to set priorities
- Deadlines and details are core to your design development
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and thrive in a collaborative creative environment
- Adobe CC-fluent in a Mac environment (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver)
- Rock solid press ready file production skills
- Motion graphics is an asset
- You’re always working to improve yourself and the organization you work for
- You have a minimum of eight years in the visual communications industry with a diploma/degree in relative studies
- You’re interested in conservation and Alberta’s fish, wildlife, and habitat
- You care about work-life balance
- You are a supporter of hunting and angling in Alberta
- You recognize the roles hunters, anglers, and trappers have in conservation
- Contact Name
- Natalia McPhee
- Closing Date
- Dec. 31, 2017
What’s this job about?
This position supports the Information, Education, and Communications resource program to meet ACA’s internal and external communications objectives. The Graphic Designer is key to the delivery of a wide scope of projects. Everything from form design to displays, advertising, signage, and publication layout.
Day to day, you will:
- Work in a team effort to design and deliver a wide variety of visual communications including conservation site signage, displays, digital newsletters, web elements, Conservation Magazine, Alberta Discover Guide, corporate business documents (annual report, strategic business plan), etc.
- Coordinate insertion orders and evaluate supplied ad material
- Maintain awareness of current visual communications trends and practices and software