Graphic designer and communications advisor
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2018
- Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation
- 800-8215 112 Street NW
- Contact Name
- Stollert Children's Hospital Foundation
- Closing Date
- Sep. 1, 2018
Making a life-changing difference for kids and families by helping to give the sickest kids the best chance, anywhere in the world, to live a long and healthy life. That’s what we do at the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. Is that what you want to do?
Graphic designer and communications advisor
Strategy meets creativity when you’re part of our marketing & communications team.
You’re a quick thinker and even quicker on your feet as you skillfully manage many competing priorities. You’re a true collaborator who’s skilled at working across teams to support diverse fundraising needs. You’re a talented graphic designer and communicator who can keep it tight, light and bright as you share impact with our donors. And at the heart of it all, you’re a genuine storyteller who’s passionate about writing and creating audience-focused stories and designs that educate, inspire and motivate.
From writing clear and compelling content for print and digital channels, to developing creative and effective designs that get results, you know how to reach the right audiences, at the right time, in the right way.
Everything we do is for Stollery kids and their families. And as a member of our award-winning creative team, you’ll work with solution-focused team members who encourage ideas, take initiative, embrace change and celebrate success. Please share samples of your work along with your application – we’d love to see them.
Reporting to the vice-president, marketing & communications, you will:
- Develop creative concepts, design, layout and create audience-focused print collateral, digital graphics, customizable templates and branded products to drive marketing and fundraising initiatives (e.g., brochures, special event signs, impact reports, ads, logos, web and social media banners, in-stream ads, e-invites, posters, certificates, T-shirts, pens, outfits for bears)
- Consult and co-ordinate with internal and external clients to develop and implement strategic communications plans and/or tactics sheets that identify project expectations, requirements and measurable objectives
- Research and write timely, engaging, targeted communications materials as needed – including media kits and advisories, speaking notes, family stories, special events collateral, impact reports, sponsorship packages, and brochures – using communications best practices and aligning materials with the Foundation’s brand standards
- Implement, maintain and further develop the Foundation’s brand standards, and ensure brand integrity by working closely with internal and external partners
- Co-ordinate with printers, vendors and suppliers to ensure timeliness, accuracy and quality from pre- to post-production
- Manage approval process of brand use requests by third-party stakeholders
- Maintain communication records and files of all materials produced by the Foundation and ensure logo files are current
As our ideal candidate, you’re someone who is:
- An experienced professional with a minimum of three years of design and communications experience, and a portfolio showcasing an understanding of effective storytelling, design elements and software skills
- An innovative visual storyteller with a diploma or degree in graphic design and advanced skills in standard graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
- An educated communicator with a diploma or degree in public relations, communications, digital media or equivalent
- Experienced at managing projects from concept to completion, providing needs-based customer service within tight deadlines, receiving and implementing creative direction, and working successfully as a technical liaison with the pre-press industry
- Experienced in using Blackbaud NetCommunity, Team Raiser or similar marketing tools, and Raiser’s Edge or similar database management systems (an asset)
- Experienced in a not-for-profit environment (an asset)
- Able to work outside regular hours to promote and support Foundation events
- Able to maintain a valid driver’s licence and has access to a vehicle
- An active member of CPRS, IABC and/or ACE
- Curious, self-motivated, accountable, flexible, positive, fun – and a food lover!
If this position describes you and you are motivated to make a difference in the lives of children, we invite you to submit your cover letter, résumé, and graphic design portfolio: ideally samples that combine your copy writing and design (PDF or URL). This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
** Enter “Graphic Designer and Comms Advisor” in the subject line.