Graphic Designer / Marketing Coordinator
Posted/Last Revised: 4th Jan, 2018
- Bedrock Homes
- 4075 106 Street, NW Edmonton
- Educational Req.
- Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design from an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a graphic designer is required.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite in a PC environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Ability to create superior, original designs for print and Web.
- Ability to articulate and execute a design vision on demand with limited direction.
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements.
- Good understanding of branding and visual identity.
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to identify, select, and coordinate vendors for printing needs.
- Ability to work on multiple brands and multiple projects on fast-paced deadlines.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Contact Name
- Alysia Lambertus
- Contact Phone
- (780) 436-8000
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jan. 30, 2018
The Graphic Designer will report to the Marketing Manager and be an integral contributor in the planning and preparation of print and web advertisements and promotional materials.
The ideal candidate will be creative, innovative, and a strong graphic design professional with excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a fast paced, market driven environment.
The candidate will:
- Ensure a consistent, on-brand visual aesthetic across all touch points.
- Develop marketing collateral for web and print, such as brochures, direct mailers, print ads, banners, email templates, landing pages and other channels.
- Plan production schedules and workflow for the entire design process.
- Integrate multimedia concepts with technical graphic design elements, as appropriate.
- Work with specs and prep print-ready files.
- Identify, source, and select vendors/service providers for printing and publication services, as necessary (e.g. illustrators, printers, typesetters, photographers, etc.).
- Select the appropriate media and materials (e.g. paper, ink, etc.).
- Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to corporate standards.
- Participate in marketing strategic planning meetings on a project-by-project basis.
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content.
This full-time position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Bedrock Homes provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Business Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
Please submit your resume and on-line portfolio with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title: “Graphic Designer-Bedrock Homes”