Posted/Last Revised: 30th Jan, 2018
- Contact Name
- Nick Keyko
- Closing Date
- Feb. 28, 2018
Want to help shape and evolve a world-class brand?
Do you ever feel like you’re just the hands that move the mouse? Have you ever wanted to help shape and evolve a brand over time instead of creating something and never seeing it again? Do you dream about working on a team where everyone’s stoked to come to work and you’re surrounded by good vibes? If so, then Jobber might be the place for you.
As a Junior Designer for the marketing team you’ll get to work on a wide range of projects that stretch into a multitude of mediums (print, web, animation, etc). You’ll report to the Senior Designer and will provide creative support for the entire team that both aligns with the teams goals while following (and pushing when possible) Jobber’s visual and creative brand. Your creative and technical mind is definitely an asset, but your collaborative, supportive, and “give a shit” attitude is a must.
- To be creatively strong. You’ve got a big imagination and you love to use it. You don’t see just one solution to a problem, you see many—which means finding something that works for everyone is just a couple of sketches away.
- To collaborate. You strive to perfect your reasoning and communication skills. This role requires you to work closely with non-design members of the marketing team to explore, discuss, and collaborate on deliverables, so you’ll be suggesting solutions to team members that support their goals while respecting brand guidelines.
- To be a problem solver. You’re comfortable juggling tasks. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll be balancing multiple priorities at once. Designing a poster, display ads, and an infographic in the same week will be likely, and your ability to manage your own time and ask for support when necessary is crucial.
- To be a self starter. Startups are exciting, action packed, and open-minded to cool ideas, but with that comes the need for people who look for opportunities to help Jobber grow without being told to do so.
- You’re okay with not being perfect. Design isn’t black and white—there are always multiple solutions to a problem. Putting yourself out there and suggesting solutions is part of the job, but sometimes those solutions won’t be successful, and you’ll have to go back to the drawing board. That’s totally ok! You fail fast and pick back up just as quickly.
- You work quickly, but don’t compromise. Because we work on multiple projects at once, we need to get things out the door as quickly as possible, so planning ahead to balance speed and quality is important.
You gotta bring your A-game on:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite—Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- 1-2 years relevant industry experience (most importantly, you’ve worked on a team).
- A strong portfolio which shows experience with a range of projects and mediums.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and visual.
- The willingness to receive feedback and the ambition to use it to improve.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had:
- Experience working with Sketch (if you have experience with Adobe products, Sketch is easy to learn).
- Copywriting chops.
- A solid understanding of typography and white space.
- A basic understanding of designing for web.
What you can expect from us:
- Extended health benefits package, fully paid premiums.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive salary.
- An inclusive environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- Your very own, brand new Apple computer.
Where to submit applications:
A bit more about us:
At Jobber, we exist to help people in small business become more successful! We are a growing startup located in Edmonton, Alberta and we make software for businesses that are on the go—something that we’re pretty damn good at! Our team of 90+ dedicated employees strive for nothing short of excellence and support a product that touches businesses around the world and millions of people each year.