Posted/Last Revised: 18th Jul, 2017
- SureHire Inc.
- Educational Req.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Linux (Ubuntu flavor) server environments
- Enjoy writing scripts to automate the mundane (Bash, Ansible, etc) an asset
- Familiar with test driven development practices an asset
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS) an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Has a good grasp of Django development techniques or other MVC frameworks
- A deep knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- 1 year of experience building dynamic web applications in any language
- A knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Some experience with HTML and CSS
- Some experience with Git
- Contact Name
- Lauren Law
- Contact Phone
- (780) 890-0240
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Sep. 30, 2017
This opportunity is ideal if you are starting your career in IT, applications or web-development. In this newly created position, the Junior Developer provides integral support to key application and software development projects. You will be involved in every aspect of developing and maintaining our applications, from testing to deploying, from coding to prototyping.
SureHire is a leading Canadian provider of occupational testing services. Available at over 600 exclusive testing facilities nationally, SureHire’s full spectrum of occupational testing services provides employers with accurate and timely results to support informed decision making at work, home, and in the community. As a company we embrace our values of being passionate, innovative, relentless, socially responsible and embracing positivity. As the ideal candidate you demonstrate those values every day in your work.
The Junior Developer will have excellent personal and team work skills. Reporting to the Director, Operations, you will collaborate with your counterpart, the Senior Developer, who leads projects and oversees progress. The Junior Developer will also assist and participate in productive and collaborative implementation discussions with stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a proven problem solver comfortable working in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines. You will be able to demonstrate experience utilizing the required applications listed below and have experience implementing projects.
This a full-time permanent position based at SureHire’s Corporate Office located in South Edmonton. Candidates must have their own reliable transportation. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Compensation is dependent on experience and level of education. Participation in group benefits is available after three months.
- Familiarize yourself with the code, the business processes and the different stakeholders
- Follow SureHire’s development methodologies and take part in team coding and meetings
- Deploy changes to development servers frequently so stakeholders see progress and feel connected to the process
- Create and work with Django templates with compliant HTML5/CSS3
- Model and implement intricate data structures using relational databases, primarily PostgreSQL
- Update leadership team regarding progress and completed tasks
- Work with our current development partners to transition full ownership of the code and the server deployment
- Lead productive and collaborative implementation discussions with stakeholders
- Implement and maintain the use of common third-party APIs (Social Authentication, Postmark, Stripe, etc)
- Stay on top of latest technologies
- Help setup and run projects in production environments on Linux (Ubuntu-flavor) with Nginx, UWSGI, PostgreSQL, Celery, Redis and other tools frequently deployed alongside Django web apps
- Help architect scalable solutions and performance-test applications to find and eliminate bottlenecks
To be successful in this career you will need:
- Continual focus on innovation
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines and time pressures
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging, and team-oriented work environment
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Flexible with both tasks assigned and schedule
- Ability to learn new subject areas quickly and apply them appropriately
SureHire Occupational Testing is looking for motivated individuals who are ready and willing to add to the SureHire experience. If you are looking for a real work change in a dynamic and challenging environment, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume and applicable accreditations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email should reflect the position you are applying for.