Junior Graphic Designer (Internship)
Posted/Last Revised: 25th Apr, 2017
- priMED Medical Products
- To be negotiated
- Contact Name
- Mark Kwan (HR Manager)
- Contact Phone
- (780) 497-7600
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- May. 31, 2017
WHO WE ARE
priMED Medical Products (priMED) is a dynamic, global manufacturer specializing in high-quality medical products. As Canada’s leading medical product provider to hospitals, clinics and long-term care facilities, we also provide private label services to our global partners throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Because here you have an opportunity to make a difference in the world. At priMED our mission is to ensure every customer is completely satisfied by using our agility, responsiveness and collaborative nature to solve their unique challenges. This single goal enables us to push boundaries and set new standards in world healthcare service and innovation.
Our teams are made of passionate, accomplished and creative people. Our culture is collective. We motivate each other. We trust each other. We have fun. As a team member of priMED you are encouraged to challenge the status quo. If you are tenacious, resourceful and thrive in a fast-paced and supportive environment, you will fit right in.
The Junior Graphic Design Intern (GDI) works within the Marketing Department. The Marketing Department is responsible for setting product requirements and defining and implementing market strategy including: offering, pricing, positioning, and promotion to drive the overall success of the business.
The GDI is responsible for supporting the graphic design team through the design and implementation of artwork for our product programs. This includes ad-hoc requests from various Departments to support customer requirements or requests.
The GDI reports directly to the Senior Brand Manager and requires working relationships with all key departments in the organization. The GDI will work very closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams on different opportunities and projects. External contacts may include clients, suppliers, end users, and representatives from government and professional agencies.
The following is a list of the high level activities/deliverables:
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to establish project objectives, target market and schedule
- Develop design solutions while promoting and ensuring brand consistency
- Prepare concept presentations for Sales and Marketing teams, ranging from simple sketches to full colour layouts
- Prepare digital artwork files including logos, consumer product packaging, brochures, and other sales and marketing literature for production and distribution
- Update annual or ongoing projects, print and web design pieces as required
- Support the Sales and Marketing teams on special business projects and other tasks and duties as assigned
- Work within the company’s Quality Policy and comply with Product Development procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Advanced computer skills with advanced proficiency Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Refined typography skills an asset
- Photography and post-production editing skills an asset
- Drawing skills utilizing traditional tools as well as Wacom tablets an asset
- Organized problem solver capable of thinking quickly on their feet and excelling in a fast-paced, supportive work environment
- Demonstrated excellence in creative ability, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be given ideas and use judgment and creativity for design layouts
Examples of mental effort include: concentration, computer skills, technical skills, reading comprehension and personnel skills.
The role is primarily a desk role. Occasional interruptions come from requests for assistance. Multi-tasking abilities and time management skills are required for this position.
Examples of physical effort include:
- working in a seated position at a desk, more than 6 hours per day
- lifting a box of paper or other objects up to 20 lbs
The ability to use computers and equipment effectively and accurately in a timely manner is required.
HOURS OF WORK
This position is based in Edmonton and may require some travel across the city. Typical office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., however due to ad-hoc requests, overtime may be required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.