JUNIOR PHP DEVELOPER
Posted/Last Revised: 12th Apr, 2017
- Pixel Designs
- Educational Req.
- Development with PHP 5+ and MySQL
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or CakePHP
- Ability to use front-end frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with version control in Git
- Familiar with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and other PHP-based CMSs
- Experience with Amazon Web Service technologies including S3, EC2, RDS & Route 53
- Have a good understanding of XHTML and CSS3 / SASS / LESS
- Ability to handle cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge in JS Frameworks like Angular or React
- Have a good time & joke around, but also know when to buckle down
- Self motivated to learn/work and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal & written communication skills. We value communication as a core principle of our development team.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks while being deadline-oriented
- Contact Name
- Kyle Huberman
- Contact Phone
- (780) 887-3897
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 30, 2017
Pixel Designs is a growing web design and development firm located in Edmonton, AB, and we are looking to add a full-time Junior PHP web application developer to our current team of five.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help design and develop websites, eCommerce solutions, and small and large web based-applications, all using PHP/MySQL
- Manage and troubleshoot all kinds of development or integration issues on PHP
- Communicate with our Front-End developers as to how you see your code integrating with client-side technologies.
- Write clean and well structured code
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Junior position — you will work alongside a remote part-time senior developer
- Full-time salaried position
- Flex time — start anywhere between 6 am and 10 am
- Really good Blue Cross Health Benefits
- Work in our cozy office in the awesome Garneau neighbourhood in Edmonton
- Flexibility to work from home here and there
We’re looking to collect resumes until the end of April and begin the interview process early May with an anticipated start date at the beginning of June.
Interested? Shoot us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to your GitHub account, or something similar (if you have one)!