Posted/Last Revised: 22nd Feb, 2018
- Covenant Health
- Educational Req.
- Baccalaureate degree in journalism, arts, social sciences, public relations, communications, or marketing required.
- Between seven and nine years of experience developing and implementing communications, public relations, internal engagement, marketing and community engagement strategies with demonstration of progressive advancement in responsibilities required.
- Experience in change and issues management required.
- Experience hiring, motivating and developing staff required.
- Three years of experience leading issues and changes management required.
- Firm commitment to living the mission and values of Covenant Health.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in change management. Sound critical thinking skills.
- Ability to assess issues and their strategic impact internally and externally.
- Sound understanding of effective crisis communications and experience in providing communications advice and support in response to difficult situations.
- Facilitation skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-based setting.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and change in a dynamic work environment.
- Sound project management skills, including the ability to manage timelines, budgets, team dynamics and multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced writing and editorial skills.
- Understanding of strategic planning processes.
- Understanding of or education in Catholic social teaching.
- Graduate-level study in communications, community development or business an asset.
- Combination of education and work experience would be considered.
- Experience involving large organizations, preferably in the public sector, with multiple stakeholders desired.
- Experience managing web and social media an asset.
- Experience in media relations as asset.
- Experience in organizational development an asset.
- Contact Name
- Covenant Health Communications
- Closing Date
- Mar. 14, 2018
Covenant Health is looking for a talented and creative Communications Manager to help lead our dynamic Communications team. The Communications Manager leads strategic internal and external communications planning, implementation and evaluation. The ideal candidate has experience developing, implementing and measuring complex communications strategies as well as experience leading issues management and change communications. Reporting to the Director, the Manager provides leadership to the organization’s integrated communications and stakeholder engagement efforts through teamwork, consultation, strategic thinking and creativity. A trusted advisor to senior leadership, the Manager recommends corporate strategies and co-ordinates efforts to support operational communications. A strong leader who values teamwork and collaboration.
Please note: Travel is required, and may include the use of a personal vehicle. A standard driver’s abstract may also be required for use of corporate lease vehicles.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Manager is an integral member of the team providing leadership to the organization’s integrated communications and stakeholder engagement efforts. Using teamwork, consultation, strategic thinking and creativity, the Communications Manager helps the organization achieve excellence in operational communications and manage issues and change through strategic internal and external communications planning, implementation and evaluation. The manager leads a team and directs resources to manage operations and projects effectively. The position recommends corporate strategies and co-ordinates efforts to support operational communications. The position counsels and advises Senior Leadership Team members and senior leaders on operational and internal communications and corporate, provincial and site-based projects and issues to ensure best practice in communications and community engagement. The manager also leads communications projects, initiatives and teams to advance strategic priorities, portfolio initiatives and staff and community engagement and develops and implements provincial, site-specific and project-based communications and community engagement strategies to meet organizational priorities and in support of our vision.
Please apply online at: http://r.rfer.us/ALH.ci9iK