Manager, Digital Services
Posted/Last Revised: 2nd May, 2018
- City of Edmonton
- $84,597 - $120,852 (Hourly); $43.919 - $62.742 (Annually)
- Contact Name
- HR Technicians
- Closing Date
- May. 23, 2018
Job Number: 32572
Are you an innovative leader who is positioned to parlay your diversified knowledge, skills, and experience to connect citizens, communities and staff? If you are, the Web and Digital Services section, Marketing Branch, needs you as we continue to evolve with a results-driven eye on increased creativity, technical excellence, and business-partner integration.
As a future-focused Manager, Digital Services, you will operate within a collective leadership accountability model. Your success will be measured by your ability to actively, passionately, and concretely manage and lead your section in its quest to develop and execute its strategy, priorities, and goals. You will be accountable to develop, implement and continually adapt the City of Edmonton’s websites and online presence.
As an influencer and connector of people, ideas and technology, you will:
- Manage, lead, motivate, coach, and hold accountable, a unionized team of diverse digital specialists, web content authors and coordinators in the delivery of a high quality digital experience for citizens and staff
- Leverage City’s people resources – building strong and productive relationships that will enable growth, bolster our reputation and foster corporate adaptability
- Apply a keen understanding of the City’s brand and what it takes to build trust with citizens
- Seek out and engage different perspectives, including those of citizens, to ensure excellence in how we manage our digital assets
- Effectively manage the section’s resources, including staffing, budget, contracts and consultants
- Exercise a high degree of competency in translating ideas and opportunities into concrete activities and results
- Oversee services in a professional, efficient, and responsive manner that meet the needs of the department business partners
- Manage the organizational risk to the Section, Branch, Department and the City of Edmonton
- Developing online and web-based business solutions and concepts
- Providing subject matter expertise in relation to selection and evaluation of web, digital and online vendors
- Provide an integrated, online solutions approach (websites, web applications and online tools) that solve the needs of business partners, clients and citizens.
- Oversee operational management of the Digital Services area; evaluating trends and issues, setting long term goals, developing and contributing to online and digital strategies.
- Develop, refine, and roll-out standards, quality assurance processes, taxonomy requirements to ensure optimal online user experience.
- Facilitate, lead, manage and coordinate activities required to fully support the ongoing operation of City websites.
- Develop short and long term strategies and plans for the City’s website that will support departmental business plans.
- Function as a focal point of contact for department needs and requirements related to online and web applications and sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Communications, Humanities, or a related discipline
- Certification or coursework/training in strategic planning; financial management; public administration; project management; performance measures and analytics; change management; or other leadership training would be an asset
- A minimum of seven(7) years progressively responsible experience in a leadership role within a large, complex organization
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing change, building organizational talent, and empowering resources to achieve outcomes
- Proven track record of strong relationship management
- Demonstrated commitment to leading continuous improvement
- Experience managing teams accountable for large, politically sensitive and complex projects and processes, in a fully integrated system
- Demonstrated experience managing an enterprise-level, online and/or web presence for government, industry, educational or not-for-profit sector clients.
- Thorough understanding of changing and evolving digital and tools and processes required to serve client needs and demonstrate value.
- Experience working with Unions, managing and resolving labour relations issues
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 1 permanent full-time position
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary: $84,597 – $120,852 (Hourly); $43.919 – $62.742 (Annually)
Recruitment Consultant: RF/CM