Marketing and Communications Assistant
Posted/Last Revised: 10th Apr, 2018
- The Family Centre
- Edmonton, Alberta
- $42,157 - $56,634
- Educational Req.
Qualifications and attributes:
- degree or diploma in marketing, communications or related discipline
- 1 year of experience in marketing or communications
- experience using Adobe InDesign
- experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, MailChimp, social media management, photography, and videography are definite assets
- driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Police Check and Child Welfare Intervention Record Check
- strong organizational and time management skills
- attention to detail
- excellent writing skills
- Contact Name
- Katja Frosterus-Goulet, Marketing and Communications Manager
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 24, 2018
The Family Centre is seeking a driven and organized Marketing and Communications Assistant. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing and Communications Assistant will support the development and implementation of marketing and communications initiatives including social media, websites, campaigns, marketing collateral, and resource fairs.
You’re eager to learn new skills and take the initiative to get things done. You possess strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail. While we’re not expecting you to be a trained graphic designer, you must know your way around Adobe InDesign to develop brochures and ads with the help of our existing templates.
- assist with the development and implementation of the annual marketing and communications plan
- write and edit content for social media, websites, emails and various publications
- coordinate the participation and attend resource fairs and special events
- create newsletters, brochures, posters, PowerPoint presentations and other materials
- photography and videography
Occasional work in the evenings or weekends may be required (during special events).
The Family Centre is committed to employee well-being and development. The comprehensive compensation package offered to employees reflects those values and is competitive in the marketplace.
- Salary: $42,157 – $56,634
- Manulife health benefit plan
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching
- Ongoing paid training