Marketing and Communications Manager
Posted/Last Revised: 27th Mar, 2018
- Christmas Bureau of Edmonton
- to be negotiated
- Educational Req.
Required Skills and Attributes
- University degree in communications, public relations, marketing or other related discipline is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications and marketing preferably in a high profile non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated partnership building with local media.
- Strong understanding of communications activities within the non-profit sector.
- Experience in developing, preparing and executing a marketing communication plan.
- Experience with generating and publishing information in various forms including website, social media platforms, newsletters and articles; media relations.
- Graphic design experience is desirable but not essential.
- Proficient computer skills including: MS Office, Adobe products, WordPress, e-mail marketing and database administration.
- Must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Familiarity with media in the Edmonton area.
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills, including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Exhibit attention to detail and is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise; contribute to sound decision making and problem-solving regarding marketing communication initiatives.
- High level of professionalism, motivation, integrity, confidentially and accountability.
- Proven experience in delivering effective and engaging communications.
- Proven ability to measure strategic and business impact of marketing communication efforts.
- Capacity to think creatively and challenge convention.
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information.
- Accomplished at developing and nurturing working relationships.
- Contact Name
- Darlene Kowalchuk
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 25, 2018
The Christmas Bureau of Edmonton is a non-denominational, culturally inclusive organization, providing a festive meal to about 65,000 people each December. The Marketing and Communication Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a high-quality, timely, measurable Marketing and Communication Plan to promote the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton.
This opportunity is well suited to someone interested in building engagement among multiple target audiences and re-energizing a Brand.
More details at