Marketing and Communications Manager
Posted/Last Revised: 1st Jul, 2018
- Rural Municipalities of Alberta
- Edmonton, AB
- Educational Req.
- Post-secondary degree in business, public relations, communications, marketing, or similar field.
- Professional credential such as an Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), Accredited Business Communicators (ABC) or Communications Management Professional (CMP) is an asset.
- Five or more years of multi-sector marketing/communications experience.
- Three or more years of experience at a management level.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and manage plans and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects on digital and traditional platforms.
- Contact Name
- Tasha Blumenthal
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jul. 20, 2018
The Marketing and Communications Manager leads the marketing and communications functions for the RMA. This position is responsible for developing and implementing an overall marketing and communications plan for RMA while working collaboratively with department directors to create and implement integrated sub-strategies that span public relations, traditional, digital, and the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The Marketing and Communications Manager is a skilled leader, knowledgeable in change management practices, highly collaborative, and adept at using new and emerging media to reach audiences.
This position reports to the Director of External Relations and Advocacy, and is responsible for managing RMA’s marketing and communications staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to, achieving the following:
- Ensure that RMA has an effective overall marketing communications strategy to address both long-term business objectives and emerging opportunities.
- Ensure divisional sub-strategies are aligned with the overall strategy.
- Create an ongoing website optimize plan.
- Maximize awareness of the RMA brand within Alberta and nationally.
- Devise new marketing communications strategies and campaigns that serve our members, attract new members, and grow our Business Services customer base, including our Trade, Insurance and Fuel divisions.
- Oversee ongoing improvement to our sales and stewardship materials, our website, and our social media channels.
- Optimize and integrate CRM system with current sales practices.
- Lead the development of new marketing materials in alignment with branding guidelines.
- Managing marketing and communications staff.
Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) is an independent association comprising Alberta’s 69 municipal districts and counties. Since 1909, RMA has helped rural municipalities achieve strong, effective local government through unified advocacy efforts and diverse business service offerings. As an advocacy organization, RMA works to ensure that provincial and federal decision-makers, industry and other relevant stakeholders understand and incorporate rural Alberta’s best interests in their policies. RMA Trade, RMA Fuel and RMA Insurance provide valued business services such as bulk purchasing for goods and services, comprehensive insurance and risk management programs, and fuel management programs that support municipal and not-for profit organizations to operate efficiently and effectively.