Marketing and Communications Manager
Posted/Last Revised: 18th Feb, 2018
- Christmas Bureau of Edmonton
- Educational Req.
Required Skills and Attributes
- University degree in communications, public relations, marketing or other related discipline is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications, preferably in a high profile non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated partnership building with local media.
- Strong understanding of communications activities within the non-profit sector.
- Experience in developing, preparing and executing a communication plan.
- Experience with generating and publishing information in various forms including website, social media platforms, newsletters and articles; media relations.
- Graphic design experience is desirable but not essential.
- Proficient computer skills including: MS Office, Adobe products, WordPress, e-mail marketing and database administration.
- Must speak, read and write English fluently.
- Familiarity with media in the Edmonton area.
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills, including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Exhibit attention to detail and is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise; contribute to sound decision making and problem-solving regarding communication initiatives.
- High level of professionalism, motivation, integrity, confidentially and accountability.
- Proven experience in delivering effective and engaging communications.
- Proven ability to measure strategic and business impact of communication efforts.
- Capacity to think creatively and challenge convention.
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information.
- Accomplished at developing and nurturing working relationships.
The Marketing and Communication Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the messaging of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the Christmas Bureau.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the Christmas Bureau.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Stakeholder Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within the Christmas Bureau’s parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Works co-operatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance the Christmas Bureau’s effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the Christmas
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear
decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the Christmas Bureau.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track
details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the Christmas Bureau forward, set goals, create and implement
actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Accountability: The Marketing and Communication Manager is accountable to the Executive Director of the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton.
- Contact Name
- Darlene Kowalchuk, Executive Director
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 16, 2018
The Marketing and Communication Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a high-quality, timely, measurable marketing and communication plans, strategies, tools and tactics that effectively convey and promote the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton’s priorities, activities, initiatives and outcomes to internal and external stakeholders. This will involve working closely with the Executive Director, the Communications Committee, staff and other committees on supporting the Christmas Bureau’s long term strategic development, partnerships and sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, with direction from the Executive Director and input from the Communications Committee, an annual work plan and budget outlining marketing and communication key initiatives, measures and financial targets for to support the brand (promise), vision (direction), mission (purpose), values and strategic direction of the Christmas Bureau.
- Prepare plans to develop and implement the communications strategy to enhance the reputation, heighten the awareness, address multiple audiences and deliver a coherent and unified message to both internal and external audiences.
- Proactively build working relationships with key media partners, stakeholders, and affiliates.
- Collaborate and write compelling cases for support, proposals and reports for initiatives in need of funding.
- Collaborate with the other members of the Christmas Bureau team in leading the development of stakeholder communication materials and ensure the highest standard in the management of stakeholder communications.
- Research, write and edit clear and concise compelling communication material including key messages, reports, web/social media content, news releases, etc.