Marketing and Communications Specialist
Posted/Last Revised: 6th Sep, 2018
- St. Albert Public Library
- St. Albert, Alberta
- $74,438 – $90,565 per year
- Contact Name
- Rhonda Kozuska
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Sep. 19, 2018
Join us in cultivating community in St. Albert and building the future of public libraries in Alberta. We are looking for a dynamic communicator who can tell the library story with intelligence, creativity and passion.
The Library hopes to establish a storefront location in 2019 and we will need your ideas, skills and energy to make the project a success. You will participate in a branding project in late 2018.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a member of the Library’s Leadership Team, contributing to service planning and development. You will have ideas on where libraries need to go in the future and the energy, skills and vision to translate ideas into results.
- Creates and implements the St Albert Public Library’s strategic marketing and communications plans in alignment with the Library strategic plan.
- Develops and implements marketing, communications, social media, and fund development plans and strategies for specific initiatives within the library
- Writes and manages the production and distribution of communications, such as newsletters, annual reports, speeches, presentations, etc.
- Acts as media liaison, coordinating media queries and responses, preparing press releases, and preparing staff and board for interviews
- Provides strategic communications support to the Board and the Friends of the Library
- Oversees, produces, and updates website content
- Manages social media accounts and actively promotes the Library through these channels
- Ensures consistency of design and branding across communication materials, signage and digital media
- Leads or supports in the planning and managing of community engagement, promotional and other events such as STARFest (Readers Festival) and the St. Albert Lifestyle Expo
- Manages the library’s fundraising programs, including supporting and liaising with donors, writing grants, and organizing events
- Monitor marketing and communications budget
- May supervise activities of other Communications staff
- University degree in a related field.
- Five years related and progressively responsible experience, preferably in a library.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic communications initiatives.
Who we are:
St. Albert Public Library is a vital part of the community, rated as one of the key strengths of the city. It is a service that that enables people to learn, meet and share ideas. We work to improve citizens’ lives through core services focused on learning, leisure and community life. The Library cultivates community, as important for what it does, as for what it has.
Where we are:
St. Albert, Alberta is a dynamic, beautiful and growing city of over 66,000 people, named the Best Place to Live in Canada. The Library is located downtown on the banks of the Sturgeon River in St. Albert Place, an architectural jewel designed by Douglas Cardinal. One of Alberta’s oldest communities, St. Albert treasures its Francophone, First Nations and Métis heritage.
Salary band: $74,438 – $90,565 per year
Position details: Full-time, permanent. 36 hours per week.
Further info: http://www.sapl.ca
Closing: 9:00 am, September 19, 2018.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and an original media release written in the past two years to: Rhonda Kozuska, email@example.com