Marketing and Promotions Manager
Posted/Last Revised: 1st Feb, 2018
- West Edmonton Mall
- Edmonton, AB Canada
- Contact Name
- Closing Date
- Feb. 20, 2018
The Marketing and Promotions Manager is responsible for planning and executing a strategic marketing plan, which supports WEM’s brand, drives traffic and generates sales for WEM, Fantasyland Hotel, our tenants and parks & attractions.
- Creating annual marketing plans, providing day-to-day marketing support and generating new innovative ideas that support and promote our hotels, tenants, parks and attractions.
- Increasing engagement and loyalty for West Edmonton Mall, Fantasyland Hotel and its tenants through effective advertising, strong branding, clear and concise communications, enticing promotions and annual marketing programs/opportunities that increase sales, traffic and sales per square foot.
- Collaborating with West Edmonton Mall Graphic Designers and other departments to increase the effectiveness and visibility of all projects, developing compelling creative for each promotion then identifying the target market, determining the right media mix of what message should be where, then facilitating seamless execution.
- Developing internal communication processes and business development opportunities between West Edmonton Mall, our tenants and the professional retail marketing community by hosting quarterly tenant meetings, the utilization of our tenant portal, eBlasts, various offerings and trends in the market place.
- Facilitating, coordinating and executing the marketing promotions and communications of Fantasyland Hotel and WEM Inn. Offering full support to both properties working towards 100% occupancy and exceeding the proposed budget each and every month.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with local, regional and national media outlets and communities as a result increasing media engagement and awareness of West Edmonton Mall’s events, promotions, tenants and attractions.
- Providing leadership and direction in overall strategy, development and implementation of all marketing and promotions designed to maximize and fully leverage all opportunities for West Edmonton Mall.
- Coaching, mentoring and managing a high performing team who deliver a wide range of projects to the organization, sharing new ideas and achieving results that can benefit West Edmonton’s Mall both internally and externally.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing, Communication or Business or related marketing degree.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years-experience in marketing.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a professional demeanour, and a high level of confidence in the workplace with previous experience leading a marketing team and interacting with mainstream media outlets.
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage vendor/customer relationships.
- Excellent social media acumen.
- Display exceptional innovation and initiative.
- Exhibit problem solving abilities, including good judgement, creativity and research skills.
- Highly organized, solution-orientated, strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in an ever evolving fast paced environment complemented by the personal capability to think quickly and respond effectively under pressure.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that is required Monday through Friday.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.