Marketing Communications Assistant
Posted/Last Revised: 3rd Jan, 2018
- Leduc-Nisku Economic Development Association
- Educational Req.
- Two years of experience in marketing or communications or diploma/degree in marketing or communications is desired
- Experience in Economic Development or a strong desire to learn economic development concepts, project management, and program development would be considered an asset.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient with MS Office and other programs.
- Skills in graphic design would be considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to perform duties with speed and accuracy without direct supervision
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority and protecting confidential information a must.
- Contact Name
- Barbara McKenzie
- Contact Phone
- (780) 986-9538
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jan. 19, 2018
Reporting directly to the Reputation & Relationships Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the successful rollout of the marketing and communications strategy. This includes media relations, website maintenance, social media updates, internal and external communications activities, and government relations. This position is also responsible for the coordination of all Leduc-Nisku EDA events, trade missions, and tradeshows, managing day to day logistics for these events.
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of communication and media relations initiatives, strategies and tactics.
- Writing of promotional materials including presentations, press releases, e-newsletters, annual report, quarterly report, speeches, website content, social media, collateral material, marketing campaigns and other communication initiatives as assigned.
- Assist with updates to internal and external communication channels such as; website, social media and partner associations.
- Assist with brand management – ensure proper use of logos, brand guidelines and communication consistency.
- Daily management and maintenance of the corporate and regional website including search engine optimization.
- Developing and reporting on analytics of key communications channels.
- Administrative support for the Partners in Prosperity program.
- Developing collateral for events, tradeshows and trade missions.
- Assist all staff with all aspects of event planning process including conceptualization and scope, promotion, venue coordination, volunteer recruitment, and supervision.
- Liaising with event organizers to ensure smooth implementation of the event.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in marketing, communications, event planning, and/or economic development. You are a dynamic individual who has a strong desire to promote, enhance and sustain the quality of the Alberta economy.