Posted/Last Revised: 21st Nov, 2017
- Norseman Inc.
- Contact Name
- Shannon Ceron
- Contact Phone
- (780) 447-6907
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 31, 2017
Do you want a stable position with a well-established company?
We’ve been fiercely reliable for over 95 years!
Who are we?
At Norseman Inc., we truly recognize that our people are responsible for our success. We value our employees and aim to create a work environment where they feel valued, respected, and empowered on a daily basis. Since its establishment in 1921, Norseman Inc. has evolved into a successful, growing business that can offer exciting career opportunities to you in both a supportive and rewarding culture.
What are we looking for?
A great opportunity has become available to join our Edmonton team as a Marketing Manager. The Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting strategies, analyzing market and opportunity data, brand management, forecasting, and budgets. As a working manager, the Marketing Manager will provide professional marketing expertise in market research, developing and executing comprehensive marketing plans, collaborating and managing relationships with vendors and advertising agencies, and supervising and mentoring Marketing staff.
- Comprehends the organizational strategies, team goals, and priorities
- Is the primary advocate and steward of the Norseman brand, both externally and internally
- Participates and collaborates with the VP Sales in defining, developing, implementing, and executing marketing strategies for multiple products and targeted market segments to position Norseman in the marketplace and capitalize on new and existing sales opportunities
- Manages the overall marketing strategy and associated policies and practices for positioning of products or services
- Manages marketing projects and ensures deliverables meet or exceed customer expectations
- Establishes organizational best practices for the marketing function
- Ensures our marketing programs are well-documented and systematically organized
Market Research and Development
- Leads the marketing team in collecting internal and external data for strategy development, sales reporting, and brand evaluation
- Conducts market research and analysis
- Develops marketing plans for specific products, services, or business lines
- Monitors marketing trends to develop marketing initiatives and programs
- Reviews changes to the marketplace and industry and adjusts marketing plan accordingly
- Designs market testing processes and oversees the implementation of market research testing activities for products or services
Planning & Execution
- Participates in monthly management team meetings and weekly operation team meetings
- Collaborates with Operations and Sales to create and develop a marketing and communication plan for executive review and approval
- Prioritizes tactical marketing activities
- Implements and executes the approved annual marketing and communication plans
- Creates and develops an annual marketing budget for review and approval by senior executives
- Works within the established budget and maximizes resources to achieve results
- Communicates regularly with senior management, agencies, and clients on the activities and progress of marketing initiatives
- Comprehends and communicates marketing initiatives and priorities to internal stakeholders
- Ensures pertinent marketing data is distributed internally in a timely manner
- Develops and maintains quality relationships with external and internal customers (e.g. vendors, advertising agencies, internal departments, etc.)
- Identifies and assists in the selection of suppliers (agencies) to ensure timely delivery of marketing collateral
- Negotiates with media agents to secure agreement for translations of material into appropriate media
- Reviews and edits marketing materials according to specific markets or customer requirements
- Collaborates with various internal stakeholders to achieve company goals (Sales, IT, Operations, Human Resources, Finance)
- Collaborates with the Sales team to develop and implement customized plans and sales tools for select market segments, develops the pricing strategy and adds value to the business development strategy for both short- and long-term sales goals
- Supervises, inspires, mentors, and performance manages the Marketing Coordinator(s) to execute the approved marketing tactics or activities
Policy & Procedures
- Monitors, develops, and implements quality process improvements and quality assurance for marketing on an ongoing basis
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education specializing in Marketing
- 8+ years of experience in a progressively responsible role
- Experience working in a marketing/creative agency is desirable
- Solid knowledge of analytic tools, new media, and marketing
- Supervisory skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Problem solving skills
- Numerical literacy skills to analyze and translate metrics and perform calculations
- Proficient computer skills and intermediate level MS Office suite
- Flexibility to multi-task effectively and set priorities to manage competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Office setting, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week
- Occasional overtime and travel may be required
Please forward your resume and cover letter, along with salary expectations.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Responding to this job ad will imply consent for an HR representative from the Norseman Group of companies to contact you regarding this or other relevant positions.