Posted/Last Revised: 19th Aug, 2018
- priMED Medical Products
- Educational Req.
- Bachelor degree or college diploma in business, marketing, or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience in a professional marketing department or agency
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing, sales and business processes and channels
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects – strong project management, time management and organizational skills are critical for this role
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (portfolio of original written work required for interview)
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Detail oriented, possessing strong analytical skills and the ability to work self-managed or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Organized problem solver capable of thinking quickly on their feet and excelling in a performance-driven, results-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated excellence in creative ability, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability of working within a demanding, fast-paced environment to very high standards
- Contact Name
- Mark Kwan
- Contact Phone
- (780) 784-2287
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Sep. 30, 2018
PCL. Bioware. Finning. West Jet. ATB. priMED. To some people these might just be companies. To us these are some of Alberta’s greatest success stories.
But is the priMED story one that every Albertan knows? Is it a story they are personally connected to? Do they care?
The short answer is, no. The slightly longer answer is, not yet. And this is where you come in…
WHO WE ARE
For customers seeking absolute peace of mind, priMED is a dynamic, global manufacturer and supplier specializing in high-quality medical products. Our mission is to ensure every customer is completely satisfied by using our agility, responsiveness and collaborative nature to solve their unique challenges.
WHAT WE DO
As a leading Canadian medical product provider to hospitals,
clinics and long-term care facilities, priMED also offers branded, co-branded and private label products and services to our customers and global partners.
The Marketing Department is responsible for setting product requirements and defining and implementing market strategy including: offering, pricing, positioning, and promotion to drive the overall success of priMED’s global business.
The Marketing Specialist (MS) works within the Marketing Department and is responsible for the research, planning, coordination and implementation of various marketing campaigns, projects and processes spanning print, web, events, public relations, government relations, email and social media. This includes ad-hoc requests from the various departments to support customer requirements or requests.
The MS reports directly to the Senior Brand Manager and requires working relationships with all key departments in the organization. The MS will work very closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams on different opportunities and projects. External contacts may include clients, suppliers, end users, and representatives from government and professional agencies.
The following is a list of the high-level activities/deliverables:
- Content and Communications Management
- Strategize and coordinate the development of marketing collateral such as brochures, information sheets, trade show banners/displays
- Strategize and coordinate the development of content and provide ongoing updates to corporate website
- Strategize and coordinate content development and creation of a quarterly internal newsletter and distribute to staff
- Strategize and coordinate the development of standardized PowerPoint presentations and proposals for Management and Sales to use
- Strategize and coordinate all social media activity and track communications related to our brand and industry
- RFP and bid writing
- Web and Digital Management
- Strategize and coordinate the ongoing maintenance and evolution of various e-commerce portals/platforms
- Work with various pricing models to continually optimize online direct to consumer sales performance
- Coordinate the implementation of ongoing recommendations provided by our SEO/SEM partners
- Public Relations and Promotional Event Management
- Strategize and coordinate the development of trade shows, company-sponsored external events & promotions
- Manage inventory of all sales, marketing and promotional materials
The Marketing Specialist position is a permanent full-time position based in Edmonton, Alberta with typical working hours being Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Work outside these hours may be required from time to time due to the nature of business. Some travel may be required.
priMED offers a comprehensive benefit package including health and dental. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.