Media Sales Consultant
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2018
- Postmedia Edmonton
- 10006-101 street
- $67,800. base and commission combo
- Educational Req.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Willingness and drive to excel in sales and become a sales expert;
- Post-secondary education in advertising/marketing/sales or equivalent work experience;
- Adept with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with in-person, consultative B2B sales or account management and prospecting;
- A valid driver’s license, use of a vehicle and valid vehicle insurance;
- In depth understanding of the digital marketing landscape, including Search and Social Media, is an asset.
- Contact Name
- Joe Caputo
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-5187
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 22, 2018
Media Sales Consultant – Edmonton, AB
There’s never been a more exciting time to be in news media. Newspapers are transforming into multimedia news and content publishers through a wide variety of engaging new media. We’re taking advantage of the disruptive change and trailblazing a bright new future on a daily basis.
And you could be an important part of it. Postmedia Network Inc. is looking to add a Media Sales Consultant to our Advertising sales team in Edmonton. The successful candidate will contribute to the success of Postmedia by growing our business, maximizing revenue streams digitally and in print with potential clients and providing outstanding customer service while maintaining a strong focus on audience based solutions.
- Build the sales pipeline by creating sincere business relationships through managing a portfolio of clients, cold calling, inbound marketing, social networking and unique lead generation techniques that will separate you from the competition;
- Maintain and build a group of client accounts on a proactive basis, educating clients on performance based solutions to drive results and achieve their marketing goals;
- Schedule and attend sales appointments with business owners to identify their marketing challenges, and complete a thorough needs and opportunities assessment;
- Work with our integrated media strategist team to build and then present a compelling, audience-based, print and digital marketing solution;
- Overall – meet sales targets by generating and closing new business opportunities.
Who You Are:
You are a driven and proactive professional who revels in the challenge of increasing sales targets. You are confident because you are relentless at cold calling and generating leads (and you know that consistent activity ensures success). You’re a world-class networker who loves to meet new people, learn about their goals, and help them get there. You are a digital native who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-platform environment. You are able to quickly identify a business’ key needs and opportunities, and then persuasively present solutions. At the end of the day, your clients trust you because you treat their campaign as if it were for your very own business.