Posted/Last Revised: 10th Jan, 2019
- Postmedia Network Inc.
- Educational Req.
- A digital native who thrives in a fast paced marketing environment
- A passion for constantly learning and keeping up to speed with industry knowledge
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines to ensure campaign optimization and delivery
- Professional client facing presence with superior communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- High level of understanding of native content, social media management, social media advertising, web site user experience, search engine marketing and search engine optimization
- Strong understanding of marketing in general and how to drive ROI for advertisers
- A team player who builds respect and credibility with stakeholders by uncovering opportunities and adding value
- A minimum post-secondary education in Advertising, Marketing, Sales or another related discipline and a minimum of 3-5 years of media sales experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level understanding of digital marketing, integrated advertising trends/landscapes and its potential benefits combined with solid business acumen
- Proficient in the use of social media, standard office programs including Outlook and Powerpoint, and basic web applications
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license required
- Contact Name
- Amanda Patrie
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-5132
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jan. 31, 2019
Postmedia Network Inc. is one of Canada’s foremost media brands, representing the Edmonton Journal, Edmonton Sun, Edmonton Examiner, National Post, and approximately 200 web properties. Postmedia Edmonton is committed to bringing our advertising clients innovative ways to reach their target audience via multi-platform solutions. We are a full service digital solutions provider with partnerships with the major tech companies like Google.
Through consumer and market research, and idea conception, the Media Strategist plays a key role in driving innovation and ideas for new and existing clients. The ideal candidate has an innate curiosity about consumer behavior and is a strong storyteller and presenter. The Media Strategist is a creative problem solver that has the ability to use data and analytics to uncover solutions for local businesses. You are collaborative and excel in working in a team environment. The role resides within the Edmonton advertising department and reports directly to the Manager of Media Strategy.
- Introduce leading edge industry knowledge and trends to business and our clients
- Work diligently to meet or exceed assigned monthly team and/or department budgets
- Consult and recommend strategic digital campaigns based on established key performance indicators
- Produce visually arresting and conceptually engaging presentations/media plans and/or deliver presentation/media plans in a way that demonstrates benefits the client/agency, as required
- Review digital marketing, design, reporting and implementation strategies and consult with sales representatives and clients
- Review and identify upsell opportunities and prepare supporting materials for client presentations
- Train and educate sales staff and clients on digital product offerings and best practices as our digital products and services rapidly evolve